What's REALLY in your food

My husband and I started eating clean a few months ago and we have done so much research on what is really in our foods. It's amazing to see so much additives and controversial ingredients in "healthy" food. I love this website http://www.foodfacts.com/. I use it on a daily basis. I also STRONGLY suggest everyone watch Hungry for Change {it's on Netflix right now!}. It is a huge eye opener. Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journey :)

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I'm a toxicologist. **** don't phase me...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Please describe the extent of said research. Thanks.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I'm a toxicologist. **** don't phase me...

You deal with poop water...Don't fancy it up....
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    *reads while eating a poptart* mmmmhhhhhmmmm.....
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    looks like a good site. im going to check it out later
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Most people would be shocked at what they eat in their "clean" food too. Most people have no idea how many insects, insect eggs, larvae, dirt , etc is present in their food whether it be organic or not.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    I eat veg, beef, fish and chicken. I'm confident enough

Or am I wrong?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    That's the cool thing. Its right there on the ingredients list.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    *reads while eating a poptart* mmmmhhhhhmmmm.....

Mmmm...poptarts.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    You're the second person this week that's recommended this video. Just signed up with Netflix so I can watch it. I'm on a quest to find a lifestyle change that's healthy and sustainable. I would also recommend the HBO series Weight of the Nation. You can watch it for free online.
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    I was just now in that website and I was looking for a thread about it.

Very interesting to read the ingredients and what they actually mean. I corroborated some products they have with ones I have at home and so far, everything's correct. It's a very useful website. :smile:
  • thebigcb
    Did you know that.......

A certain raspberry "flavour" that is added to loads of proceeded foods, its made from a gland that is situated in a Beavers bottom?

Now what I want to know is who was the first person to figure that out, and what exactly did he think he was doing
  • thebigcb
    Yummmmm, pass the raspberry ripple
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    we're all friggin animals..what kind of sterile world do we want to live in anyway?