50 years old with over 100 lbs to lose

Options
I'd like to find similar people to commiserate with.

Replies

• LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm Here For You,
    But No Commiserating..
    Only Positive Thoughts On This Journey.

Welcome Aboard...

I'm 47 With 100+ To My Goal
    Feel Free To Add Me...

Julie
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank Luck! Didn't mean to sound negative. I'm really not. So far so good. I know from having lost weight before I'm obsessed for 2 weeks and then I settle into a routine. I'm just amazed at how badly I was eating and had no idea that things like a Wendy's #1 combo was 800 calories. Eeek. My 50th birthday fell in the middle of the 2 weeks (last week) and I certainly had plenty of cake but otherwise I did fairly well. Right now I'm craving muffins. I bought some kind of 100 calorie muffin top from the grocery tonight so I'm hoping that does it for me. Again, I had no idea my favorites that I was eating several times a week were nearly 500 calories!

I haven't tried to lose weight in 20 years. The first time I lost to my goal was in college and I did it seeing a school nutritionist and a psychologist. The second time I lost 40 lbs on weight watchers, my clothes were swimming on me but I refused to buy new so I intentionally regained the weight. I don't know what that means besides that it probably makes me look crazy. Anyway, a little heart problem (not blockage, but electrical) and turning 50 has me determined to do it this time.
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! Like LuckBeWithU says, I'm happy to be here for you and that comes with a positive approach. No commiserating as I agree that a positive attitude goes a long way on this journey:)

I'm 55 and have lost 16 pounds while on MFP and am now at target weight. Keeping the weight off and getting fit is my focus now. Send me a friend request if you like:D
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a 48 year-old who isn't quite sure how many pounds I'm shooting for. I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time. I'm also looking for supportive friends, so please feel free to add me.
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am 52 years old. I now have less than 100 to lose.
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm 52 and about half way to my 100lb weight loss! I've been logging for close to a month. It has helped a lot.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I may be too old -57- but I have 100 lbs to lose, too. On my 4th week here and am still excited and learning new ideas and finding new friends to support and encourage and laugh with. I'm going to be here for a long time, so let's get going!!!
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    Options
    I'll be 46 next month and I'd like to lose about 100 lbs.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bonita..55yrs old. I started with about 99lbs to lose. I'm about halfway there..to initial goal..then may still need to lose more. You're not alone. There are many of us.
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm mid-40s with 100 pounds to lose. Would love to have some support with other wonderful women trying to get healthy! Maybe it's time to start a group? :) It's a long road ahead, but we WILL succeed!
  • ynsurf
    ynsurf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    47 years old and I have lost 135 lbs. I have a ways to go to surf that short board again, but I know I can do it and so can you! Keep going strong!!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and still have over 100 pounds to lose, but this time I feel I have more motivation and momentum - and am having more success - than in my previous attempts to lose. I've been working hard at it for 6 months and just had a check up with the doctor on Friday where she was very impressed by my lower heart rate and blood pressure. Doing it the healthy way has benefits beyond the scale.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have over 100 pounds to lose also, and I am over 50. Please add me. the more help on this journey the better.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 next month and have about 85lbs to lose. Feel free to friend me.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 52, with 40lbs to lose feel free to add me, for encouragement, diet ideas ect.!!
  • juditomp
    juditomp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started on my journey. I just turned 52 and I'm going to need all the help I can use to get to my goal. Taking it one day at a time!

J.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a fifty year old empty nester as well and need to lose 85 lbs. Anyone - please feel free to add me - need support!
    Thanks!