Need advice

Options
Hi! My name is Kendra. I'm 23 years old. I have always been an active person but just recently had a baby via c section and decided that i am finally able to get back into shape. I gained 50 lbs (!) during my pregnancy and lost all but 10 lbs of it. okay, my issue: I am not losing weight or inches. I started doing the insanity workout videos 2 weeks ago and have been eating super healthy (lean meat, only water/crystal light, no added sugar, low sodium intake...ect). I haven't cheated on snacks or eating after dinner and I've done my workouts as hard as I could without an oxygen tank near by. I don't know if i just expected better results already and am just rushing it or if I'm actually doing something wrong.
Also: I am reading a lot that too much protein is bad for you. Is this true or would I benefit from a little more protein?
And: anyone ever do one of those detox drinks? Does it help?
Also: I've heard that you need to burn more then you take in. If I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories am I supposed to burn more than 600 to lose weight? I'm confused.
Anyway, thanks for any advice and help.
Ps- for people that have lost weight: what did you do to lose those lbs?
-Kendra <3

Replies

• chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello Kendra,

My wife and I started Insanity recently as well. In the book that they give you, there is a section on determining your caloric needs. Once you do that, then subtract 500 per day (or 250 depending on if you want to lose 1 lb or 1/2lb per week) from you daily intake and stick to it.
  • KendraA89
    Options
    Oo dang. I got the videos from a friend so unfortunately I don't have the other things that go with them. Thank you though!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Also: I've heard that you need to burn more then you take in. If I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories am I supposed to burn more than 600 to lose weight? I'm confused.

You are not eating too much protein, most people on here are probably eating under what they should for protein.. so I wouldn't worry about that.
    Detox drinks don't help, any weight you lose you will just gain.

Now for the above, 1200 is way too low for Insanity, do a search on here for a TDEE Calculator or find one of the many posts about it and read up on it.. then follow what its saying.. this will help you lose weight at a sustainable level.. not fueling your body for your workouts can really halt your progress, and doing stuff like Insanity its all about eating right, you hear Shaun T say it repeatedly and its not a joke.
  • KendraA89
    Options
    Thank you so much! Ill check that out. I figured 1200 calories wasn't enough because I'm not seeing any progress
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oo dang. I got the videos from a friend so unfortunately I don't have the other things that go with them. Thank you though!

It's all available online, just google search Insanity elite nutrition pdf and it'll come up.
  • KendraA89
    Options
    Awesome! Didn't know it was online! Thank you! Seems a little overwhelming with the meals. I just keep thinking about the cost of food. Lol. It's good to refer to it though and also figuring out how many calories I'm supposed to have