carbs.......

Options
Hi all.... so far I've not done too bad with calories and exercise..but I've noticed my carbs are way high! What will this mean in terms of weight loss? If I keep my calories under my daily allotment but still go over my carbs is this bad??

Replies

• kcfva122
    kcfva122 Posts: 40
    Options
    I've always been over on my carbs, usually around 35. Love those carbs! But most of my carbs are good ones like whole grains and fruits, so I don't worry too much about it. Have you noticed that more exercise gives you more carbs as well as calories?:happy:
  • Dopechick
    Dopechick Posts: 16
    Options
    My carbs are pretty high most of the time too. Everything has carbs in it though! An apple alone has like 30 or something crazy. As long as they're good carbs I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    With my weight loss program carbs are good it is just when and how to eat them. 4 oz. of protein, 1 cup of fast carbs (whole wheat) and 1 cup of slow carbs.:flowerforyou:
  • kat1976
    kat1976 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Yes, I eat loads of fruit and veg. I'm a vegitarian so was worried when I saw my favorite snack of 1 cup raspberries had like 30 odd carbs in it!!!! :-D I eat little bread so mainly carbs are coming from fruit, veg, and cereal...though I'll be cutting down on chipatis!! :-D

I noticed yesterday after a run that I got extra calories :-D still didn't use them all. I try to fill up on fruit so low cal, high carb. :-D
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    well, since you are a vegetarian and most of your carbs are coming from fruits and veggies then do NOT worry about it at all, it's not like you are eating a bunch of white bread every day, it's all "good" carbs so it's FINE, carbs are necessary for energy and since you said you are running then you need them, so you're all good!