Approaching 50, and finally on the right track.

Options
I'm turning 50 near the end of March, and decided this is the year to get myself from one shape (round) into another shape (not so round).

I went shopping after Xmas with gift cards in hand to get new jeans. For the first time in my life, I had to go over a 40" waist.

A good friend of mine introduced me to Dr. William Davis' book "Wheat Belly" and I decided to purge wheat from my life. I've now extended that to all grains.

One of the most apparent benefits so far is that my cravings for any kind of sugars or refined starches dropped to near zero within a week. Joint pains that felt like early arthritic pains have disappeared.

So far, I'm down about 11 pounds since I started tracking on MFP (13 lbs. total.)

My carbs and fiber come from vegetables (which I like the taste of a LOT better now). Proteins and fats from animal sources, coconut oil and olive oil.

Best of all, I'm eating 1800-2000 calories a day, feeling satisfied, and have no snacking impulses.

Replies

• Linzrific
    Linzrific Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Proud of you Merlin - thanks for introducing this lifestyle into our home and making a life-long dieter (30+ years) finally realign her thinking.

Proof is in the results (not numbers so much as how we're feeling) - elevated mood, no joint pain, extremely lessened cravings, seeing food as fuel only, nothing more nothing less!

Happy to be along side you in our lifetime journey.