Vacation Time! How to keep on track...???

Options
Aloha Friends!

In two weeks is my bf's birthday and I am taking him on a 4 day vacation to Las Vegas! I am super excited and have plans finalized... but now I am really worried about how to keep on track with my diet and exercise...=[ I know they have gyms and stuff but does anyone know quick, high burn work outs to do in less than an hour? Does anyone have an tips/tricks/advice on how to stay keep on track in a land of buffets, free drinks, and in an exercise-unfriendly environment?

Please Help! I am so nervous!

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Vegas is all about over-the-top indulgence and extravagance. I say live it up and don't worry about calories while you're out there - 4 days certainly isn't going to ruin you. It's vacation for crying out loud. ;) In fact, I'm counting exactly 0 calories when I'm out there next month :)

If you're (still?) awake in the relatively early hours of the morning you'll see a few folks running up and down the strip which I can personally say can be quite entertaining.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Vegas is actually very fitness friendly. Just walking the length of the Strip is a work out LOL. You can go to your hotel fitness center when you have the time and use their Cardio machines for a quick cal burn. There is also some nice Hiking areas in and around town. you can also do push ups, squats, sit ups, V ups and other calisthenics in your room to get a Burn too. the Buffets can be a trap, but you can get a lot of low calorie seafood at them too. Just keep in mind what your eating.

Biggest thing is to remember to have fun! 4 days wont kill you in the long run if you indulge a little more than you should. you can always get back at it when your home off vacation.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How often do you get to go to Vegas?! Have some fun and don't worry about it!

My fitness tip however would be to take advantage of all those huge hotels and go running up and down the stairs!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Write it down if you cant log on line. And then stick with the vegs, salads and soups as much as possible to fill up; eat half of the entree or dessert. I went on a cruise and spent a few half hours in the gym which was fun doing the elliptical at the front of the boat.
  • Ay_Rene
    Ay_Rene Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I intend to walk the strip many, many times, but I didnt know if it would be too lame to count. haha! I think the stairs is a great idea! no elevator for the trip! =] YAY!