forskolin: A go or a no?

Options
I seen a weight loss success story earlier today and the young lady also credited taking forskolin (promoted by Dr.Oz) in addition to daily vitamins to her success. Does anybody have any positive or negative feedback about this pill? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have no clue what this is. I personally suggest against any magic pills for weight loss. Learning your numbers, how to eat, what to eat, and adopting a healthier lifestyle tends to favor WAY better than magic pills. Cheaper too.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I never heard of this until you mentioned it. I did a quick search and found this:

"Side effects of forskolin include headaches, decreased blood pressure and a rapid heart rate due to its vasodilator properties. It does carry a warning by cancer researchers that it may have a role in causing cyst enlargement in women with polycystic kidney disease. And, that it may cause an increase in the likelihood of internal bleeding. Medical authorities warn that forskolin should not be taken by patients currently using cardiac medications or blood thinners."

http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/side-effect-belly-fat-supplement-warning-7-keto-forskolin-relora-caraway
  • LuvinMe46
    Options
    lol @cheaper too...I like that. I am very cautious about those things as well, which I wanted to ask my MFP peeps. thanks!
  • LuvinMe46
    Options
    yes I believe I ran across similar reports via web search. just seeking any personal experiences with the pill. thanks for sharing!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Read this as "foreskin"

No thanks!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Read this as "foreskin"

No thanks!

Lol, me too!!!!

Ahem, no input.