Stuck at this weight. What to Do. Help

Options
So I am 112.6 lbs right now. My weight has been going up and down horribly this month and is really bringing me down and ruining my motivation!. My weight goal is 107. and I would have loved to be at it for Valentines day, but sadly thats not going to happen it seems. With 5.4 lbs to go it seems it is getting harder and harder for me to lose this weight and all I want to do is be happier with myself.

here's what I do.
I work out a little more then 1.5 hrs 6 days a week. (I take sundays off)
In all I burn about 450 calories (according to my bodybugg)
This includes running my street but with the weather in NJ its so cold out that I don't even want to get in my car!
I eat 1200 calories a day or try to ( I just love ice cream lol )
I am a server at a banquet hall for weddings and I go to school 2 days of the week.

if someone could please help and give some advice it would be greatly appreciated! I have done this all one my own until down and its causing me to become very discouraged.

Thank you!

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 1200 seems like a small amount esp when you're near your goal.
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    if you are in a plateau try cutting carbs out in the evening (make a goal of no carb ie bread, pasta, potatoes, rice,) after 4pm. Also add in lots of drak green veggies (broccoli, zucchini, romaine lettuce, asparagus, green beans).
  • Hatedabears
    Hatedabears Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You work out 1.5 hours each day? Or total for the week? Try kicking up your calories a bit. (Scary i know) My wife plateaued and eating more while still exercising actually jump started her weight loss. Also try mixing up your work out. Try something different to shock and fool your body so it continues to adapt.

You are 112 pounds. That is not a lot of weight you are carrying. The less you have to lose the harder it shall be. Kick it up a notch and you will be successful. Good luck.
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2, I have a very small frame also. I was thinking that maybe I should up my calorie intake. But I wasn't to sure. Eating more wasn't something I wanted to try out, especially if it ends up giving me a negative result...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your current and goal weights are pretty low - if your body is in the healthy bmi zone then it becomes very hard to persuade it to give up any extra pounds!

112.6 seems very precise, most people find their weight fluctuates throught the day, and from day to day. Its less stress-inducing to have a range that you stay within.
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    I know its a little much, my boyfriend tells me all the time that I work out to much. Yes it is 1.5 hours each day (well 6 days a week) :smile:
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    Id say upping calories. You can go look for tdee and bmr calculators (i like scooby doo calculator the best! Just type scooby too calculator into google.) You may not be eating enough. Make sure you eat above your bmr but below your tdee.

Those last lbs are the hardest though!!!
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    Thank you! I really like that calculator it helped a lot! :D
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    At your height you are already on the low end of normal so maybe you should consider whether losing those last few pounds is really what you need.

You are doing alot of exercise so maybe you could spend some extra time focussing on toning and a bit less on cardio or something along those lines. You may find that by tightening up what you have you will be happier with your body image and will look slimmer and fitter. You'll need to eat more though, you can't build muscle without fuel.

If you are intent on getting those last few off then be ready for a long haul. it's likely to come off really slowly at this point and it is entirely possible that your body has adjusted to such a low net calorie intake and doesn't want to budge. The idea of upping calories is a bit scary but try an extra 150 every other day to start off with and see how you go. It really can work to get you started again. You could still be looking at a few months (yes months) to get those last few.
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    I am okay with it taking a long time. but i am going to try eating more and seeing where that gets me. if it helps then I am happy I tried it. I'm not sure if i want to take off that much yet i may just be looking at 110 for now. :)
  • lprictoe
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? Although this doesn't burn as many calories it helps your metabolism
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    no i am not, i do a lot of card because i am a cardio junky! But if it helps i can add strength in there too! :D I am going to try mixing up my workouts that way i am not bored doing them. i just ordered a yoga dvd and ill start some weight training.