What kind of training do you suggest

Options
Hi!

I have been around here for a few months now, I have been reading a lot as well. I found so much informations but some of them are not necessarily suitable for the beginner that I am.

Now what kind of training/tips do you suggest for me. I currently weight 232, lost 18 pounds since October. I eat at a deficit of 800-1000 a day. I hit the gym min 4 times a week. I do lifting+cardio on one day and only cardio the other day.

Am I doing it the right way?

On lifting days, how many reps/sets should I be targeting? When should I change the weights I lift? When should I change the routine?

Replies

• 1fitmimi
    1fitmimi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI, I think you will find as many varying opinions on lifting as you can on "dieting" itself. When I am lifting (not that I have lately) I like to spend as liltte time as possible doing it.

Things I do know for a fact. Work larger muscles first, if you are only lifting twice a week and want a full body workout when you do. If you decided to lift 4 times a week I would divide up muscle groups so that they only get worked out 2 times a week. I used to do upper body and lower body. Anyway back to your question.

I find the weight that I can lift with correct form, for 2 sets of 8 reps. I stay at that weight until I can do 2 sets of 15 reps then I up it, again until I find the weight I can 2 sets of 8 reps. Also I don't like doing a million crunches so I add weight there too to reduce the reps.

HTH
  • Pinkyivy
    Options
    Thank you! :)

Any other advices?