Slimming World and Exercise - Help Needed

Options
Hello all, this is my first post since joing My Fitness Pal but I have a question about diet and exercise and hoping for some help or advice
I started the slimming world plan last Thursday 17th January, having been off the plan since November, last year I managed to lose a stone and a half through the plan alone with no exercise. I have stuck rigorously to the plan in the last week but due to a severe need of toning I have been exercising three times a week
Although my official weigh in is not till this evening I could not resist getting on my scales at home last night to find to my horror that I have gained 1 - 2lbs this week
I cannot understand what I have done wrong. Slimming World is about making the right choices and does not rely on calorie counting but I have been logging my food on here and even going back through the 'snacks' I have had (within the plan) I should not have gained weight
I am wondering if the increase in activity has something to do with it although I do not know
I am hoping someone can help

Replies

• YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same position, but putting 2lbs on this week.

I'm putting it down to water retention from the exercise, it should wear off within a few days.
  • whyldebear
    whyldebear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    they do say that if your body isnt used to the excersise it will hold on to fluid or as yoshicow put retain water in order to repair the muscles youve worked on it may do this for a few weeks but you cant let this out you off you have to keep at it and eventually it will sort its self out and you will have a loss trust me.
    ps i do SW too add me if you like x