SAYING HI AND ADDING FUN NEW FRIENDS FOR SUPPORT

Options
Hi, my name is Brandi and I am a confessed YO-YO dieter.

I have gained and lost tons of pounds over the years. I've tried every fad diet (and supplement, quick fix, and crazy weight loss strategy) there is and then some. Now it's just about eating better, exercising more, making better choices, and living my best life now!

If this sounds like you and you are serious about making healthy changes please add me! I'd love to part of your support system and for you to be part of mine! Doesn't matter if your goals are little or big or if you have already arrived!!! :)

Looking forward to having you as a new friend!

Replies

• djcomplex81
    djcomplex81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, i was also a "yo-yo" dieter and have tried all the suppliments with little to short term results. through a change of MIND i began to make better choices with food that works with and for the body along with excersize and i've seen the most consistant losses and muscle gains. i encourage all to partner up with some accountability pals and get ready for your new improved healthier life.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome! I am guilt of being a yo yo dieter too. Trying to put myself first and take better care of myself and lose the weight to be healthy - not for an occasion. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • imheavenbound
    Options
    Hi DJ!

Thanks for the reply! I knew there had to be people out there like me!
  • imheavenbound
    Options
    Hi MHK,

When you said "not just for an occasion" that really hit home. I am SO guilty of losing weight for an "occasion/event" and then letting it creep back up afterwards!!!
  • dnisius
    Options
    Amen Sister!
    I have tried a few of the fad diets myself.
    This time, plain ol' fashion healthy diet and exercise!!
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    going old school this time. better food choices and more movement! request sent.
  • redshaz73
    Options
    Hi Brandi

Welcome to MFP.

You are not on your own. Feel free to add me as a friend for support.,
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sooooo guilty of this as well. Doing my best to get back on track and make better choices in food and exercise.

just sent you a request. Maybe we can help each other.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • kalang0915
    kalang0915 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also a yoyo!!! Started mfp back in August and stopped. Back at it again... Feel free to add me too!!! I need all the support I can get.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and feel free to add me, too! (That goes for everybody!) =)
  • fayeded2
    fayeded2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also been a Yo-Yo dieter. I am ready for a lifestyle change instead. I want to involve my children and husband too. My children seem ready but my husband does not. I went to store to buy fruit and veggies last night and he insisted on cookies for him, I want want to come up with some really healthy recipes that are delicious to win him over to the "other side" haha. I am going to add you.
  • liliwhoa
    liliwhoa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi,
    I'm a stay at home grandmother raising my 2 yr. old grandson. I've almost always been about 20-30lbs overweight. I want to grow more healthy inside, so that it will become the reality outside. So I'm trying to eat less and not snack or eat crazy when I'm stressed.
    I think the interior work has to be there for true success. I'd love to 'friend' you and help each other.
  • imheavenbound
    Options
    LOVE IT! Looks like I have found the right group of motivated (and motivating!) people!

I have added everyone who sent me a request! I'm excited to have people who are serious about their goals and also looking to encourage others! We're going to make a great team!
  • liliwhoa
    liliwhoa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too- We need to help each other- it's the only way to do this hard work well.