Over 70

Options
I'm looking for a seniors group. I've been struggling for a long time. take it off put it back and on and on.. Just became a widow Christmas day and not it is time to put me first again and get to feeling better.. had a long time as care giver which was great, but that is over so I really shouldn't 'need' those comfort foods as much

Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and agree it's time to take care of yourself. I'm a mere 57, but feel free to friend me.
  • sooz6052
    Options
    Hi I have just read your post. I am a 61 year old female and am a carer for my husband.
    I have been an on off dieter for years but have now given myself a strong talking too and decided that I have to lose
    weight for the sake of my health.
    Have tried numerous diet clubs and spent loads of money on them but always give in to temptation, hoping this site will
    help.
    Sorry for your loss but hope that you get lots of support on here.
    :smile:
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a seniors group. I've been struggling for a long time. take it off put it back and on and on.. Just became a widow Christmas day and not it is time to put me first again and get to feeling better.. had a long time as care giver which was great, but that is over so I really shouldn't 'need' those comfort foods as much

Hi ... I'm Katie. I'll be 67 next month. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am a widow of a little over three years. The most important thing for you to remember right now is to stay hydrated ... drink plenty of water. Tears and sweat use up a lot of it.
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Would love to be your friend. I'm 64 and trying very hard to get healthy, I used to want to be thin, but now just want to be healthy and feel good.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I was a care giver for my mother for many years, so I know how devastating it can be to lose your loved one in that situation. I just turned 60 in December. There is a wonderful group that you will find under Motivation and Support for Ladies over 50. Feel free to join in for some daily Vitamin F (for Friendship). Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • BobbieMLong
    Options
    Hi Quander, I have just found this website and wonder how you have been progressing for almost a year now. I am 71 and need to shift about 14lb to feel comfortable - it gets harder as you get older! Would be happy to join in mutual support if you still need it!