Replies

• AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    miami-vice-wallpaper-miami-vice-2.jpg
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain this is the best thread that has ever existed on MFP.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I'm fairly certain this is the best thread that has ever existed on MFP.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I'm....so....happy...:drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    John-Stamos-Mullet.jpg

I will never stop being in love with Uncle Jesse!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I don't have any fun pics to add. But OP, you totally look like you belong on the hit television show, "The Jersey Shore" ! The resemblance is uncanny!
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    th?id=H.4552524482938188&pid=1.7

well, you remember....
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

I used to be the best fashion designer!

OMG! I loved these things!!!!! *sigh*
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    I don't have any fun pics to add. But OP, you totally look like you belong on the hit television show, "The Jersey Shore" ! The resemblance is uncanny!

how dare you degrade me... maybe when I was 20....
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    spirograph%5B1%5D.jpg

Oh how I miss my spirograph! My grandparents' fridge was COVERED with my creations!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

how dare you degrade me... maybe when I was 20....

Lol it wasn't meant as an insult! Minus their douchey personalities I'm sure :flowerforyou:
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

I use to have one of these.....LOL!
  • jamers3111
    Options
    loving all of this!
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

LOVED these!
  • trishgrace
    Options
    DoubleLove.jpg

I used to have the whole series...but my parents got rid of them.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    FashionPlates.jpg

I loved fashion plates! I remember the Christmas of '82 when Cabbage Patch Dolls were THE toy of the year and hard to get your hands on. I was scared to death of Teddy Ruxpin. Pissed my Kimberly doll's roller skates didn't come off. Oddly enough, I wasn't scared of Vicki from Small Wonder. How did she not give me nightmares? Prolly the unbelievably bad acting. Purple Pieman from Strawberry Shortcake scared me to death, I thought he would kidnap me in real life. I loved Poochie and Rainbow Brite. I remember when the Challenger exploded we were watching in my 3rd grade class and we got sent home early and I cried the whole way home. I remember Micheal Jackson's catching on fire. I remember having a tv similar to the one posted above. No remote. A dial to turn the channels. We didn't have cable, just like 5 or 6 channels. (I thought the snowy picture was spiders.) I remember old school strawberry shortcake, care bears, and my little ponies. They used to be way better. My fave tv shows were Out of This World (I always wanted to freeze frame just like the paint can falling in the theme song montage!!!) and of course Punky Brewster (remember the episode where Henry's studio caught fire or the one when Cherry almost dies playing hide and seek in an old fridge? Talk about high drama for the elementary school set! I loved going to my friend Julie's house where they had cable to watch Double Dare on Nickelodeon. I remember the little black combs we got on picture day at school and the photographer always calling me Peaches, looking back I think he was creepy. Oh my gosh I remember when I HAD to have a Caboodle when I wasnt even allowed to wear cosmetics yet. I kept my bonne belle lip gloss and Loves Babysoft in it. I remember PRETTY COOL, HUH t-shirts/bumper stickers (i had a water bottle and black sunglasses with the hot pink ear pieces.) I remember the summer before junior high every girl using Sun-In to get that beachy blonde look. My highlights aren't blonde so my hair turned copper like Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life. I remember when every cool girl wore the new Exclamation! perfume and my mom wouldn't let me cuz she said I'd smell like a cheap *kitten*. If I hadn't had an Esprit bag, B.U.M. equipment newspaper sweatshirt, and hyper-color tee shirt that year I prolly woulda died. Oh, and you HAD to use Helene Curtis Salon Selectives hair products, duh. And rat your bangs and curl them up so they were like 4 inches high. At least. NKOTB, nuff said. Keds, leather bomber jackets with the world map silky lining, Guess jeans. Before that, Jordache jeans or pastel colored E.J.Gitano jeans and LA Gear tennis shoes with 2 colors of laces. And didja peg your jeans and wear 2 pairs of scrunch socks (alternating top and bottom) like DJ on Full House? I was in love with Kirk Cameron, Scott Baio, and Chad Allen. I wanted to be Molly Ringwald. I liked any movie with the 2 Coreys. Remember Video Art you could draw on the tv? I can still sing the Barbie and the Rockers song. Did u watch the Beverly Hills Teens cartoon, and did u just want a limo with a hot tub soooo bad? Schoolhouse Rock, Gummy Bears, Snorks, and the Mr. T cartoon on Saturday morning. I miss the Toys R Us commercial jingle, I don't wanna grow up...

I think you just hit on everything that was great about childhood! But don't forget J.E.M.! Still have my Jem car with the radio in the back, and my Jem dolls...and my Popples and my Cabbage Patch kid and my Furskin! (am I the only one that had one of those?!)
  • jamers3111
    Options
    80s-90s-toys-games-25.jpg
  • trishgrace
    Options
    I had the whole series of these too.... I was a very boring child. LOL.

thbabysittersclub.jpg
  • jamers3111
    Options
    Perfect-Strangers-tv-02.jpg

Cousin Larry!!!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    1z9nwk.jpg

I "think" i might could still find this in my parent's attic, but I doubt it works.
  • jamers3111
    Options
    80s-8.jpg