any 20-30 year olds

Options
I would like to be friends with 20-30 year olds. as well as get advised from ladies who really know their fashion and current styles for clothes. I went down a size and am going shopping for clothes today. i wanted to dress more girlie girl and wear the latest style. brand name ideas would be great. Here is what I am buying today

Size large shirts/ blouses

size large sweaters/ sweatshirts

Jeans in a size 14/ 16 depending on the brand. would love some help in this area before I shop.

Replies

• CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    What sort of style are you looking for?

My ideal style is the pin up flirty dresses so I'm not sure if it's something you are looking for!

What about climate? Are you looking for winter? Spring? summer?
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a kind of romantic style to wear I look femine when I dress. at present I dress like a tom boy which I don't like.

I am a winter color person but the cool winters as opposed to the warm ones. Femine blouses, sweaters etc. I heard old navy clothes are good, cato and aeropastle. no clue really.
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to find a style of your own. If you want to be fashionable you can do that by choosing colours that are 'in', but finding fits of clothes that flatter your figure will make you feel a million times better than trying to get something designed for models to look good on a more curvy body. That's how I feel anyway. I am an apple shape and find that dresses that fit over the shoulders and chest but flare slightly directly under the bust can look good (disguising the rolls a bit). I have a couple that make me look a bit pregnant, but hey you win some you lose some. Good luck finding some things you like. Must be such a good feeling to be buying things in a smaller size! Well done!
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    I am a pear shape so I will have to see what clothes to look for. I was wanting to ditch the tomboy style and dress like a female more girlie. that is kind of my mission so to speak. it has been a long time coming.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit ahead of you but on the same track-- I try to make it a point to try on at least one thing taht I cannot imagine myself wearing every time I go shopping... then, if it fits and flatters, I buy it. Slowly but surley my tomboy style has moved into a the style of a 26 year old, young professional, sometimes flirty young woman.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going down a size! That is great!

My favorite go-to store is New York and Company. They have a mix of career to casual and even workout clothes. Plus, if you go to their website you can sign up to receive some great coupons!

Have fun shopping!! :happy:
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to go clothes shopping for a smaller size.

I dressed like a tomboy all through high school and college, but now am in a job which requires more professional dress, so I know what you're going through. I really like shopping at Maurices. They have a wide range of styles and sizes, and have many choices for professional dress and casual. I would describe their casual stuff as "girly, tomboy" - it's sporty, but also flattering. Also, the sales associates at the stores in my area are always willing to help me find something specific.

Good luck!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Too bad we don't live closer together =( all of those sizes are what I'm looking to sell/give to someone because I'm a couple sizes smaller now. I have tons of stuff like what you're looking for.

Buuut... The stores I like are Forever 21 [stuff's pretty cheap. they have some juvenile-looking clothing, you just gotta find the nice stuff =) ], New York & Company, J Crew, TJ Maxx, and JCPennys. Ever since JCP revamped the organization on the corporate level, their prices and selection have improved ALOT. I work in a business attire office and even when I'm not at work I like to dress "dressy" and girly, they have tons of stuff that fits that description at JCP. They even have really cute workout clothes cheap =)

Also- I used to work at Gap Outlet (LOVE that place). If you have one near you, they ALWAYS have sales going on, it'd be worth your while to check them out if you can. They always had really cute feminine blouses/tops/skirts, etc.
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    thanks I will have to try those. I have to wait an hour the clothing store loves to open late like 10am. It is really annoying. i will look for those brands you mentioned.
  • katmcq29
    katmcq29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24... be 25 next week! feel free to add me
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Modcloth.com has my favorite girly dresses. In store places that are cute include Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Francesca's, Bebe and H&M.
    Congrats on the weight loss! Have fun shopping!
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with Modcloth. They have beautiful romantic dresses with a 50's flare to them. Gorgeous!

I love Torrid as well, they start at size 12.
  • MenayD
    MenayD Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a kind of romantic style to wear I look femine when I dress. at present I dress like a tom boy which I don't like.

I am a winter color person but the cool winters as opposed to the warm ones. Femine blouses, sweaters etc. I heard old navy clothes are good, cato and aeropastle. no clue really.
    i am the same way! i have always been a tomboy, but i really would like to dress more elegantly and womanly. and that transition is almost as hard to accomplish it seems as my losing weight! lol