February Challenge

Options
I am looking for only 5 people; MUST be dedicated to logging every day and putting forth the efforts required to join. I have already filled most of the slots with people on my friends list, but I am now opening it up to the public as well. I apologize I don't have room for everyone; but I intend to be a very active moderator and as such I want to keep it small. If you like the sounds of the challenge and think it something you will stick with... let me know! :)

Group info is below:

The Basic Idea:

This challenge group will run for the month of February. The idea is fairly simple. Each week there will be two ‘Weekly Challenges’; they will run for the duration of the week. One will be an exercise related challenge; the other a food related challenge. Also, there will be a new ‘Daily Challenge’ posted for each day. As the first day of February is a Friday; I will be posting the weekly challenges every Thursday so that they are available for everyone to begin on Friday mornings. The daily challenges for the week will also be posted every Thursday to ensure there is not any confusion, and so that everyone is guaranteed to have lots of time and notice to complete them. These will posted in the thread titled “The Challenges”

The Weight of the Matter (lol)

Weigh ins will be done EVERY Friday. I need to have everyone’s weights by 5pm AST on Friday to ensure I have time to log them all and track all our fabulous progress! I would appreciate if you could post them in the applicable thread by the cut-off time on Fridays. (Ex: Week 1 – Weigh ins & Points; Week 2 – Weigh ins & Points, etc) I realize not everyone will want to post their weight publicly. If that is the case; you may inbox that information to me; but I do highly recommend posting publicly as it will help us to really motivate and support each other if we can cheer on great losses, high points for a week, etc. I am hoping by keeping this challenge limited to a smaller, more intimate group it will help us all share and support each other well; and help to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome :)

REGARDING OUR STARTING WEIGHTS – These need to be submitted Friday, February 1st by 5pm AST in the thread marked “Starting Weights”. (Or inboxed to me that day by the cut-off time of 5pm AST)

What’s the Point(s)?

Points will be awarded for Challenges as follows:
Weekly Challenges – There are two weekly challenges for each week; one food based, one exercise based. Now here is where it gets fun! Each Weekly challenge will have a Gold, Silver or Bronze option for points scoring. Gold = 3points; Silver = 2points; Bronze = 1point. (Example: Eat as many fruits and veggies each day as you can!! BRONZE: 2 servings ; SILVER: 4 servings; GOLD: 6+ servings) This is my way of trying to let everyone pick their own ‘difficulty level’ based on our own abilities and goals. The daily challenges will be worth 1 point each; I am considering them the ‘Bonus points’ of the game. Regarding weigh-ins; each challenger's loss for the week will be multiplied by 3.14 (because hey; we all like Pi hahaha) and that total will be added to your score for the week.

Questions?

If you have any questions regarding the challenge; please do not hesitate to post them in the ‘Questions’ thread; or you can also inbox me anytime!

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    BUMP AGAIN - ANYONE OUT THERE?? :)
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    example of what the exercise related challenges would be like ??
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    example of what the exercise related challenges would be like ??

Well; without giving them away... as per the description each one would have a 'difficulty level' of gold silver or bronze so that it hopefully works for anyone. An example might be "Week 1 exercise challenge - Pushups" Bronze = 10 in a day; Silver = 20 in a day; Gold = 30+ in a day. That is a just an example, no guarantee it is an actual challenge :)
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    can I sign up for it ?? i'm a football player and therefore competitive at heart. I need something to push myself with
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    Sure can; I will send you an invite! :)
  • Denesey82
    Options
    How do I join? :)
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    How do I join? :)

I will send you an invite! :)
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • Maqsparrish
    Maqsparrish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too.
  • Maqsparrish
    Maqsparrish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am unfamiliar with AST. I live in New Hampshire, USA, what would that mean to me?
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    Maqsparrish & Naptownbabi - I will add you both, congrats you are the last entrants I am allowing at this point. I will send you both an invitation to join the group :)
    For the record, AST is 'atlantic standard time' - I am in NS. Being in NH; you are one hour behind me. (Glad I work in a job that involves time zones haha)
  • kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    sounds really interesting, how many slots do you have open?

nm, i see your last post! Good luck everyone!
  • Ultimate_Goal
    Options
    Hi,
    Sounds like fun , are there any spaces still open?
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    are there any spaces left? This sounds like a good challenge.
  • warriorprincessdi
    Options
    I have trouble saying no.... Laat three; invites sent! :)