Weight Loss Surgery

Options
I'm having weight loss surgery soon and would like to start a support group. If anyone here is pre or post op let's meet here! Be sure to ad me!

Replies

• Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    weight loss surgery was last Friday 1/4, It was difficult to say the least but I am doing better. I am slowly doing the tread for a total of 60 minutes in increments of 10 to 15 minutes at a time. This is more than I have ever done before the surgery, so that is good. I am also watching mindfully what I eat and though not being able to eat as much as before the surgery, am making quality choices. Meat and pork are off the menu for 2 months, so it is chicken, fish, egg, cottage cheese some light fruits and vegetable, but mainly protein first and lots of water and herbal teas. I am a work in progress, one week out
  • vivacegal
    Options
    I would love to be a support on here for you...and welcome your support as well. Good luck on your journey...I am proud you have made such a major decision to change your life for the better. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and you can friend me also. Need to find out how to do. I think I send you an email of sorts and vice versa.
  • Cagsfa
    Cagsfa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on November 19th...still learning on what I can eat. Love to start a support group
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    There is a VSG group on here. Please join! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1069-vsgers
  • danamlh
    Options
    Hi and congrats on your journey! I had surgery 12 years ago and lost 140 pounds Due to laziness and no excercise I need to lose about 25 pounds I love this site just started 2 weeks ago the eating is going well the excercise not so good Its cold here and I can't seem to get motivated but I'm determined Good luck with your surgery It will take you a little time to get used to the changes but it was the best thing I ever did!
  • newbj2013
    Options
    great to have new friends for support! look forward to helping and getting help from each of you.. im working on loosing weight pre op..so far so good!
  • bradmc39
    Options
    Count me in. I had surgery Dec 11 2013 and feel great. I am stalled right now on weight loss which is driving me nuts but I understand this is normal. Anyone else stall early on
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had surgery in 2004. No matter what you choose to do, you still need to monitor your weight & make healthy choices. Personal issues got me off track, but I'm proud to say I'm back & committed to keeping the weight off. Good luck to you & I will support you any way I can.
  • newbj2013
    Options
    I get to meet with the phsychiatrist this friday and then a weigh in...my surgery should be in feb/march and i will be having the gastric sleeve. I'm actually working on puree'ing my food now to get used to it...tracking things online puts things in perspective too... any tips?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of sleevers here. The group name is VSGers. :smile:
  • Snowflake2218
    Snowflake2218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 year post-op Gastric Sleeve. Down 70 lbs. and off all meds!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My sister had the sleeve done and I am sooooooo proud to say she has lost over 100lbs!!!!!!!!! She had her surgery in August of last year and looks afrikinmazing!!! Good luck to you!!!