P90x

Options
I am thinking about doing the exercise program P90x, I am a dance teacher who is used to doing pretty physical stuff, but I was wondering how hard it is and if I would be able to handle it (and most importantly, to keep it up)? Any thoughts?

Replies

• uberrider
    uberrider Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i would suggest just running for an hour. or getting with someone or learning your self a lot about lifting i personal do not believe the p90x program is worth how much they charge i bought it and returned it. the main reason it works for losing weight is the dieting and i think picking your own food is a lot better then having someone else tell you what to eat.

plus with running you get a runners high :wink:
  • skuhbacher
    skuhbacher Posts: 14
    Options
    I think you'd be able to do it just fine! Start with the Lean version and modify as much as you need to! I'm almost done with my first round and I love it! Just do your best and forget the rest as Tony says!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It will be a different set of challenges but dancers are tough, hehe. I only had a little yoga and stretching experience for a month before I started P90X and did fine. It's all about dedication and your ability to push.

Just be sure you're ready to lift heavy weights and eat more. Those are the biggest hangups with women.

And as uberrider suggested ... if you don't like it, you can always return it.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I can personally vouge for P90X, I have done 2 rounds and loved every minute of it. Tony Horton is a hoot and keeps you motivated through each workout. If you have not done weight training before, it will be different for you and Tony shows you how to use proper form. You can even do modified versions of moves if you are not up to it yet. It is a great program to get you toned and you will start to love strength training. It is just as important as cardio training to lose weight, besides that, you will also tone.

They do recommend using their nutritional guide, but you do not have to go by it verbatim. I didn't and I still got amazing results. If you do decide to go with it, I highly recommend signing up for the free coach and beachbody site. There you can find a thread (like here) that is very knowledgeable on the program and help answer any of your questions.

Here is my website if you have any other questions on it. www.beachbodycoach.com/jjtonic75

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. Have a beautiful Sunday. :bigsmile:
  • beccachats
    beccachats Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started P90x 2 weeks ago and love it so far.
  • beccachats
    beccachats Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are used to physical activity as you described you will be able to do it. Just know your concerns and how to eliminate them. The only concerns that I had prior to starting was keeping up with the commitment on my own. I know my limitations and the thought of making time in my living room by myself with exercise dvds is something that would easily not last. For me, exercise is easier with people..either being at the gym or going running with other runners. So when my neighbor wanted to start the program it worked out perfect for us to do it together thus keeping accountability and interest which are difficult when doing it by yourself. Good luck!!
  • AlphaMale357
    AlphaMale357 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME..I'm on day 48 now (Week 7, Day 7) and I"m not just losing weight - BUT - The workouts ensure the weight loss (and subsquent muscle gain) is even and smooth. Meaning, no HARSH and unattractive muscle loss while losing.

My endurance is THROUGH THE ROOF, the weight loss is consistent (as long as you adhere to the small diet changes...and even without adhering to the diet, you'll STILL lose a ton and TONE signicantly).

The Yoga has me more flexibile than I've been since 19....I'll personally vouche for P90X. The results were so dramatic, that people at work noticed a few weeks into it and my wife is not using P90X to reach her goals as well.

It changed so much for me, that I can't stop yammering about it lol...and yes - Tony Horton is an AWESOME guide, while working out. No disappointments whatsoever so far. I'll post my before and afters soon, as I'm proud as heck, of my progress and muscle gain. :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME..I'm on day 48 now (Week 7, Day 7)

I'm on my second round but, we're on the same rotation (started on the same day)!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just finished round 1 of p90x and it IS WORTH THE MONEY to me!! I loved it and got great benefits. I am doing Insanity now and when done with that will go back to p90x most likely. Check out my before and after photos.
    Good luck!