plateau?

Options
its been 12 days since ive lost any weight. how long do i wait until its determined a plateau? and i know theres lots of information out there about getting past plateaus, but any advice would be so appreciated!

thanks!
Jaime

Replies

• evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to read responses. I have been the same weight for almost 2 months now. Its making me crazy!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I believe a weight loss stall is ~4 weeks and a plateau is at ~6 weeks.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    me too. Im trying to make sure I am accurately tracking my calories and adding in more exercise. Also changing up the food I eat.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough. In case you've never seen this post, it might be worth checking out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to read responses. I have been the same weight for almost 2 months now. Its making me crazy!
    I know that feeling! But for me it's been 7 months now and I can't find a way to fix it.
  • zoraiya
    zoraiya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Edit: As JustAGirlyGee said above ^

I haven't been on MFP for long, so I'll just post how I recently got through my first plateau: I increased my calories a day.

I wasn't eating enough. MFP put me on a 1400 calorie a day budget, which I recently found out to be below my BMR. I followed the advice on this thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and I am back to losing 1-2 lbs a week (note: my ticker says 3 lbs lost, but I recently reset it).

In your case, it could be many things -- without knowing your stats, it's hard to suggest anything specifically. All I can suggest is what worked for me. Good luck! :)
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    im at the same problem..up/down same 3 lbs after losing about 46 lbs..
    but it seems like from all i read and all the advise that i need to eat more..
    i so find it hard to get thru my thick skull that eating more will make me lose weight as
    i (and think alot of us) has always thought less is better!

but........it cant hurt and that is my goal this week..to not eat under my BMR(1597).
    my only concern is i did this calculations on 2 different sites and got 2 different results..
    one said 1597, the other said in the 1800's.
    my TDEE is 2267 so if i take away 20% it comes to 1814..

im currently averaging 1150-1300 a day....and full.....

anyone else in the same situation......plaeau and then upped calories and had success?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sure does suck being a female or bodies love to be stable hate change. Keep moving foward trying to eat better every day and move a little more each day or invite another challenge into your routine.