What goes well with cottage cheese and is 50 calories?

Options

Replies

• letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A slice of whomeal toast?

You're gonna be hungry tomorrow!
  • amandacowan1978
    amandacowan1978 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try a 1/3 of a serving of oatmeal. It actually goes together very nicely! And 1/3 of a serving is still quite large and is just bout 50 calories. Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to the whole thing and a dash of cinnamon and you'll come in just about about 165-170 cals.
  • debfoster58
    Options
    you could try pineapple
  • EKN1417
    EKN1417 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    -Peppers, very filling and very low cal.
    -Mixed with a small amount of roasted red pepper or spicy pepper hummus
    -I will use cottage cheese as a cheese spread replacement on one piece of Village Hearth Light 12-gran bread. The slice of bread is only 40 calories.
    -Spread the cottage cheese on cucumber slices
  • TheWalkingWahine
    Options
    ^^ I agree with pineapple! ^^ (but I just noticed you don't like fruit with it...sorry.)
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    A slice of whomeal toast?

You're gonna be hungry tomorrow!

That's why i'm aiming for high protein. I don't think I'll be that hungry; I am fine with low calorie breakfasts and lunches anyway as I'm so busy at work!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    BUMP....was looking for ideas too! Thanks!
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Try a 1/3 of a serving of oatmeal. It actually goes together very nicely! And 1/3 of a serving is still quite large and is just bout 50 calories. Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to the whole thing and a dash of cinnamon and you'll come in just about about 165-170 cals.

Definitely saving this for a future breakfast ;) thanks.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal

Salsa

Granola (would likely break the 50 cals though)

Egg whites, salsa, spinach, celery, hot peppers (again would be tough to get under 50 calories, but depending on how much cc you're using you could make it like an omelette.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    each night I have a cup of either greek yogurt or CC, with 1/2 cup thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries....it feels almost indulgent (I like the one's trader joe's sells). any frozen fruit (w/o sugar) will do. you could even squirt some honey on there if you like.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Hmmm, you could add some siracha and scoop it out with carrot slices.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I like cherry tomatoes with cottage cheese. I have made fun of eating it at work.
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes with a little salt..yum!!

yum
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chopped green pepper, tomatoes and a little minced onions, maybe Vadalia, seasoning salt and pepper. This is an old family recipe. We have it at all our family gatherings.
  • pb1968
    pb1968 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hmmm that's a tricky one. Was going to suggest pineapple, but then read that you don't like the fruit/savoury thing going on. Apart from the usual salady things, I can't think of anything else, sorry :/ Good luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    NOTHING. Cottage Cheese is disgusting!

But...if you like it, more power to you! Add some berries or bran cereal.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    diced tomatoes with some basil and balsamic vinegar - yum!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    fruit in general. also you could put some vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener on it and it tastes like ice cream. om nom nom
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    a little sugar/ sweetner, apple slices, and cinnamon.
  • Hellie24
    Hellie24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with chopped slice of cooked hamm is great even better with chopped onion-

or try it grilled like cheese on toast on wholemeal bread.. bit more than 50 cals but yummy