Logging PRIOR to consumption is critical!!!

Options
Hi have tried this now and it def helps to plan out the day rather than enter after the fact and have regrets about going over in any category (cal, carbs, etc...). Thanks to those who recommended this to me.

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree! It really helps! Keeps me from messing up too often! :)
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i do this and it does help because sometimes i forget to log my food intake. :)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I log the night before or morning of as well and it makes all the difference in the world. Just now, I wanted some honey wheat pretzels so I plugged them in before I ate them to make sure I was within my range,
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree! It also helps me figure out where I'm headed in the morning before I've had my coffee--if the MFP food log says I'm having a salad with chicken for lunch, I don't have to spend ten minutes thinking through my options in frustration.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I am defiently going to try this. FI always gets agravated when I ask the question" do you want this, this or this for dinner?' lol. Plus it would help me with trying to figure out what I can have for lunch that won't break my cals too much.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. I try to log my breakfast and lunch the night before so I know what I'm taking to work with me. Then I know how much I need to exercise and what to plan for dinner.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I too log in my meals in the morning then I can figure out my snacks as I go through out my day. Its much easier
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I ALWAYS log first thing in the morning while I am eating my breakfast. This allows me to know how many cals I have left if I get the urge to eat another snack in the evening. Logging ahead saves my diet!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Yeah, I log the exercise I'm going to do the morning of. It holds me accountable to do it. I also don't eat anything until I've typed in my food plan for the day. You can always add and delete stuff if you're not in the mood for what you planned to eat but it keeps you from being over or under by too much at the end of the day.
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is VERY critical for me! Let's just say numbers & me don't get along! LOL & here I am married to a math teacher! :blushing: LOL:laugh:
  • gailwyn
    gailwyn Posts: 15
    Options
    I think it really helps me a lot too! I don't always do it, but I do a great deal of the time. I like doing it the day before, and then I can get all the things ready for my lunch to take with me to work. It saves me time to have it all ready ahead of time and its nice to not have to rack my brains for what i want to eat for dinner. I find that I eat a lot of the same foods each week so its easy to kind of mix and match and plan them out.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS log first thing in the morning while I am eating my breakfast. This allows me to know how many cals I have left if I get the urge to eat another snack in the evening. Logging ahead saves my diet!

That's EXACTLY when I log everything in too! I like to leave 100 calories or so, incase we have an evening snack!!
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is the ONLY way! No way am I having a "Oh but I didnt realise" momant after the fact when it could be avoided! :o)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is VERY critical for me! Let's just say numbers & me don't get along! LOL & here I am married to a math teacher! :blushing: LOL:laugh:

Me too! :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am bit obsessed and I log for the week Monday thru Friday on Sunday. Then I grocery shop based on what I have planned. this way it is all balanced out and I don't have to think about it all week and I just focus on exercising. (which I also preplan.) so far this makes me feel like I am in total control and its working for me I have lost 1.5 pounds per week.
  • dana1959
    dana1959 Posts: 6
    Options
    Killeen, congrats first of all. I wish you the best in your marriage. Secondly, taking this pro-active step to be in the right place after you are married is nothing less than smart. I am 50 years old as my profile indicates, married at age 21 and for almost every day the damned question at 6 PM comes up "so what's for dinner". That obviously leads to the pizza joint, chinese food or some other anti-diet venue. PLANNING IS KEY and it is too bad it took me so long to implement this (I figured it out of course when I was 24 or something like that). Anyway, all I can do is look forward and take the right appoach to planning healthy meals. Again, congrats!!
  • dana1959
    dana1959 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have read the MANY responses to my simple few words and they resonate loud and clear. I think we make losing weight this big project and it really boils down to following a few simple rules FAITHFULLY. Hey, I am in the beginning at a later stage in my life but I am told it is never too late. Dad died of a heart attack at age 53, my uncles on his side ages 43 and 58 so genetics is not on my side however I can control my environment to do the best I can to beat the odds. I suffer from many medical issues which would surely be at the least mitigate if not resolved by getting to a healthy weight. My Dad's side of the family including him smoked 2 packs a day, drank and ate wrong all the time. I do not smoke or drink so at least I have that in my favor. Thanks for listening to my sermon here............BEST TO ALL!!