Need some guidance.

Options
So far I have lost about 5 pounds since I joined MFP, but for the past 4 weeks I am not seeing any change in my weight. I think I’m eating right 99% of the time. According to the MFP Calorie Calculator, I can take up to 1390 Calories per day and sometimes I go less than 1390 and sometimes more by 100 calories, but going over my calorie limit is a rare occurrence . I try to exercise at least 5 days a week depending on my work hours, and burn a minimum of 1000+ calories each time I am at the gym. All I want is to get rid of another 20 pounds

What should I do? I would like to hear some options

Thanks
J

Replies

• AmyCamacho
    AmyCamacho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing. You might be plateauing, which is normal. Are you exercising? You might want to increase your intensity - I'll bet that would give you some results. Good luck!:happy:
  • jetSpeed28
    Options
    @ AmyCamacho:
  • jetSpeed28
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing. You might be plateauing, which is normal. Are you exercising? You might want to increase your intensity - I'll bet that would give you some results. Good luck!:happy:

YES, i do run/walk/Ellipticals 5 days in a week, but there are times i am at the gym 6 days in row...i have no clue what i am doing wrong.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Just wondering, are you eating back any of your excercise calories? If so, all of them or partial? If your not eating any of them, I would suggest trying to eat at least some of them. You may not be eating enough calories considering the large number your burning through excercise. You may want to change up your calories a bit to see if you see any results. I try to eat 1540 a day, but I don't necessarily eat that many each day. I zig-zag over a seven day period and try to have a weekly total that is equivelant to 1540 a day. Sometimes i'm right on, sometimes i'm off, but I've been averaging a pound a week loss doing this. There are so many different approaches you can try, just keep at it, believe me, it WILL come off eventually!!! Good luck!
  • mhxander25
    Options
    hey jetspeed ive been in the gym for a few years now and plateauing stinks, but its unfortunately a regular occurance. Here are some of the things that have worked for me. I see that you run and walk a lot i lift heavy and light during my workout and then go running for twenty minutes at a time. The reason you do this is because the lifting forces your body to grow muscle and the cardio burns fat, but what most people do not realize that the more muscle that you put on the easier it is to burn off fat (this is true for most men anyway). The other things that I do are, i change my workout every couple of weeks to keep my body confused which forces more weight loss, and the last thing i do is cycle my carbs every few days (if you want more pointers on this just ask) i have just recently started doing this (for about 2 weeks now) and i can see a difference in myself in the mirror.
  • jetSpeed28
    Options
    Just wondering, are you eating back any of your excercise calories? If so, all of them or partial? If your not eating any of them, I would suggest trying to eat at least some of them. You may not be eating enough calories considering the large number your burning through excercise. You may want to change up your calories a bit to see if you see any results. I try to eat 1540 a day, but I don't necessarily eat that many each day. I zig-zag over a seven day period and try to have a weekly total that is equivelant to 1540 a day. Sometimes i'm right on, sometimes i'm off, but I've been averaging a pound a week loss doing this. There are so many different approaches you can try, just keep at it, believe me, it WILL come off eventually!!! Good luck!

Not at all, I am never hungry after I reach home and I don’t really force myself to eat and most of the time I take a shower and go to bed right after I get home. I was taking about 1500 cal a day when I first started here, but over the weeks MPF keep changing my CAL GOALS and now I am at 1390, do you think it’s better if I go back to 1500?

Thanks
  • RamNemesis
    RamNemesis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am at the same stage right now, but I have gained some muscles and muscles weigh ywice as much as fat. Keep to the diet and exercise and it will work out slowly in the end.
  • jetSpeed28
    Options
    hey jetspeed ive been in the gym for a few years now and plateauing stinks, but its unfortunately a regular occurance. Here are some of the things that have worked for me. I see that you run and walk a lot i lift heavy and light during my workout and then go running for twenty minutes at a time. The reason you do this is because the lifting forces your body to grow muscle and the cardio burns fat, but what most people do not realize that the more muscle that you put on the easier it is to burn off fat (this is true for most men anyway). The other things that I do are, i change my workout every couple of weeks to keep my body confused which forces more weight loss, and the last thing i do is cycle my carbs every few days (if you want more pointers on this just ask) i have just recently started doing this (for about 2 weeks now) and i can see a difference in myself in the mirror.

Hi
    I have started doing crunches in between treadmill and elliptical, I was kind of doing the same thing as in when I first started I used to run/walk for an hour then go do elliptical for 30. After a while doing that I decided to throw in some crunches in between treadmill and elliptical. For the past 3 weeks I go on the elliptical first for 30 mins then, walk/run for 20 mins. and in between a quick stop for some crunches. . ...thats what I have been doing lately. And YES it would be a great help if you could point me to the right direction.
  • mhxander25
    mhxander25 Posts: 9
    Options
    hey jetspeed sorry it took so long to get back to you. Are you lifting at all? if not try incorporating some free weights into your exercise program. Ok here we go, Carb cycling is exactly what it sound like it throws you body into confusion which in turn promotes weight loss. Here's an example on monday tues day and wednesday only eat carbs for breakfast, before and after you workout (use higher amounts of lean protein and good fats for you meals things like an 8 oz chicken breast instead of 4 oz) on thursday (if you workout) have moderate carbs (carbs every other meal like breakfast lunch and dinner skip the carbs on your snacks) friday and saturday, back to the low carbs and on sunday raise you carbs back up and just keep alternating what days you do it. If you need any more help please dont hesitate to ask