:( Im so sad and dont know what to do now...

Options
I started Jamie Easons workout yesterday and was getting super pumped about it. I dont have access to a gym though and I figured that surely I could make it work.

Well today was only day 2 and there were about 3 things that I couldnt do because the equipment needed for me to do them are at the gym :( this sux

All i have is a treadmill at home so I guess i will just stick with runnning.
I was just really hoping to put on some muscle. guess you really cant do that without a gym. Boo

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    What do you mean you couldn't do? Like you weren't strong enough (yet)?
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    What moves couldn't you do? There are probably ways to modify them until you are capable of completing them!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You can still use this DVD! You first goal is to be able to get through this workout! Just keep moving, preferably doing something with the same muscles.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises. All you need is your body and the floor.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wrong, maybe a particular routine you can't do but then sub in some other exercise or do a different routine. There are lots of routines out there that only use bodyweight with little to no equipment. You can go a long ways doing body weight exercise. If your looking for cheap equipment check out the local thrift shops and craigslist. People are always nearly giving away exercise stuff.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can still put on muscle without a gym! :)
    There are a lot of home DVDs that use dumbbells and there are a lot of workouts (including ones for free on YouTube) that use your own bodyweight!
    Don't get discouraged... I plan to never step foot inside a gym again and I'd rather go to the dentist than ever be on a treadmill. You can do it!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I started Jamie Easons workout yesterday and was getting super pumped about it. I dont have access to a gym though and I figured that surely I could make it work.

Well today was only day 2 and there were about 3 things that I couldnt do :( this sux

All i have is a treadmill at home so I guess i will just stick with runnning.
    I was just really hoping to put on some muscle. guess you really cant do that without a gym. Boo

You're having a pity party.

So you're just going to give up because you couldn't do something? If I had done that, I'd still be 230lbs without a bunch of shiny medals on my wall from the 5Ks I've run and without a 150lb working deadlift. I'm not super awesome, but I've worked hard to get where I am. Sometimes, I failed. Welcome to life!

Chin up and keep pushing until you get the results you want.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Sooo, you're just going to give up instead of working at it? Do you think everyone picks up a new routine and can just do it with ease? If that were the case, no one would be here. We'd all be bad *kitten* already. Work up to it. You'll get there!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises. All you need is your body and the floor.
    This, moving your body weight in good form with a tight core is tougher than moving any free weight.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    You can do it! If you check she gives you workouts to do, when you can't get to the gym. We are our only excuses. Not our cars, our neighbors, the gym, But US!!!

You can do it!!! Listen, I am doing it. I'm on Phase 2 week 5. The changes in/on my body are kicka$$. I'm not going to lie, the first time I went to the gym I was pretty intimidated. I was the only girl lifting (still am), but I did it & am still doing it. Why, becaus I choose to EVERY DAMN DAY. -25 degree temperature, thru snow, but I'm there!!!

So if I can, You can too!!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    there are ways around everything...use laundry detergent bottles as hand weights, use a sturdy chair to do dips and push-ups...don't give up, just find a way around...
  • LoveTexas
    Options
    No Im not giving up the least bit actually.

She requires you to do dumbel squats and "lift heavy". Cant do that when all you got is a treadmil.

I will do the body weight exercises though like some of you mentioned.

Maybe 30 day shred will be good. 3 days of cardio and 3 days of 30 day shred..think that would work?

Im mostly just bummed because I like following a strict schedule, now that I have realized that I cant do her program without a gym I am stuck with trying to find another program that will work for me.

...trust me. Im not quiting
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    THIS!!! And thanks for saying it because I needed to here that!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

She requires you to do dumbel squats and "lift heavy". Cant do that when all you got is a treadmil.

Maybe 30 day shred will be good. 3 days of cardio and 3 days of 30 day shred..think that would work?

Im mostly just bummed because I like following a strict schedule, now that I have realized that I cant do her program without a gym I am stuck with trying to find another program that will work for me.

I'm sorry, when I read that you couldn't do some of the exercises, I read it as an ability issue, not an equipment issue. Start checking craigslist for cheap weights. I've been looking in my area recently and there have been a lot of postings. Otherwise, just keep doing what you can. Get creative and find some heavy objects.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, when I read that you couldn't do some of the exercises, I read it as an ability issue, not an equipment issue. Start checking craigslist for cheap weights. I've been looking in my area recently and there have been a lot of postings. Otherwise, just keep doing what you can. Get creative and find some heavy objects.

Or maybe just do what you can in the video (since you've paid for it). Just fast forward through the weight part and do your best :)

You can still do the treadmill..but it's always nice to change it up.

There are also exercises you can stream through youtube, netflix or hulu that are free.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not sure if you're serious? Is this sarcasm?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

So do body weight squats. Do bulgarian split squats, or pistol squats. I would guess any movement she has in the video there's an equivelant move that doesnt use weights.
    Use these websites for reference
    nerdfitness.com
    you are your own gym
    unique bodyweight exercises
  • superstar808
    Options
    A SUPER cheap alternative to barbells are bands. Theyre super easy to find and extremely versatile! Most weight exercises can be done with bands :). KEEP UP WITH IT!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! There are a gajillion different things you can do to get where you want to be. You'll find plenty that you'll enjoy and you will be successful!! Keep at it! <3:flowerforyou:
  • LoveTexas
    Options
    not sure if you're serious? Is this sarcasm?

omg lol yes im serious.

the program i was about to start doing is strictly involving gym machines. you know like the bar over your shoulder while you squat. or the band that you pull to your chest. or the huge dumbells that you use to do a bicep curl. yeah. i dont have any of that.

i was just ranting. but im good now.

since i dont have access to a gym i will just suck it up and do body weight exercises. I was just hoping to do the whole "lift heavy" so that I could get great muscle tone. Thats all.