Attn Ladies: Exercise tips for an awkward location...

Options
What are some good exercises to help get rid of that little pouch that forms between your boob and armpit? I see it when I wear something sleeveless and it has to go!

Replies

• Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cant spot train. It'll go with the rest of the weight.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options

this
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Have you had yourself professionally fitted for a bra? I know it sounds weird, but I used to have that problem. A tighter band and a larger cup size fixed it. Didn't hurt the ego either. :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    Chest flys, shoulder press, mine used to be brutal but the more strength training I do the less flabby those little guys get, I call them chicken cutlets :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

this

Agreed. I still have some of mine, even with all the weight I've lost. I know it will go away eventually.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have you had yourself professionally fitted for a bra? I know it sounds weird, but I used to have that problem. A tighter band and a larger cup size fixed it. Didn't hurt the ego either. :)

Another vote for this. I have the same problem because I need a larger cup size/smaller band size combo than is normally sold in standard retail stores--get fitted at a reliable lingerie store (not Victoria's Secret!!)
  • TigressPat
    Options

^^^^
    this

you should tuck the pouch into your bra cup.
    makes a big difference
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You have to reduce fat all over. There is no such thing as "Spot reducing"...keep your protien on the high end to preserve muscle while you're losing weight and eat at a defict.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Strength training. Shed body fat/develop muscle all over.
  • TigressPat
    Options

Another vote for this. I have the same problem because I need a larger cup size/smaller band size combo than is normally sold in standard retail stores--get fitted at a reliable lingerie store (not Victoria's Secret!!)

news flash -about 90% of women are in the same boat.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Not sure what I said that required a snarky response, but I'm terribly sorry for offending. Consider me chastised for my rudeness. :huh:
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I've actually heard it's a genetic way of how your body disperses fat. Like they said, you can't spot train, but I also know thinner people who have small armpit fat deposits. Just something to keep in mind.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A plastic surgeon told me that little chunk of fat there is actually part of your boob, and as your boobs get smaller, so does the chunk.
  • TigressPat
    Options

Not sure what I said that required a snarky response, but I'm terribly sorry for offending. Consider me chastised for my rudeness. :huh:

not snarky, just an observation, sorry!

bad bras are a pet peeve of mine.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    A plastic surgeon told me that little chunk of fat there is actually part of your boob, and as your boobs get smaller, so does the chunk.

it is, that's why it should be tucked into the bra cup.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can spot train. You just can't spot reduce. If what she's talking about is flabby muscle she could certainly so some resistance training to target those areas.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Yes, you can spot train. You just can't spot reduce. If what she's talking about is flabby muscle she could certainly so some resistance training to target those areas.

no, it's really part of the boob.
    Men don't have this.

to an extent you are right, if she drops enough fat and adds enough muscle, then it will go away, but so will the boobs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    That and a tiny bit of a double chin are the LAST things to go on me. Even at my thinnest these things have bothered me while everyone else of course didn't notice it.

I have always fantasized about getting plastic surgery to lipo them out or whatever they'd do, but in my fantasy the surgery is free, painless, and there is no recovery time. When I return to reality it's easier to buy a bigger bra and suck in my under chin area.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

it is, that's why it should be tucked into the bra cup.

Depending on the style of bra and location of fat, it can't always be tucked into the cup. I just tried that, and it won't stay tucked.

And yes, I'm wearing a bra that fits properly.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's not just the bra size that matters, it's the cut of the bra. I have to order my bras online (hooray for being a weird size!) and I recently ordered one in the same size, same manufacturer as my current favorite bra. The new one gave me horrible armpit-boob-flab-overhang, and I'm not even flabby -- I'm a size 0 with under 18% body fat. Thank goodness for return policies!

So keep working on body recomposition, but get professionally fitted for a bra and then try on as many as you can in your size, to find some that work the best for you.