Pregnancy belly before and afters?

Options
2»

Replies

• This was about a month after my first baby =)

11-1.jpg

This is a comparison shot I took in January

23rdnovto31jan-1.jpg

This was my most recent pictures - Taken in July Last year

20-7-12Level1day1.jpg

I'm not there yet but I will get there =D
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Going to *bump* this for future reference. I would like to get pregnant a little bit later in the year :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ladies... bio oil is great for stretch marks, it minimizes like crazy. i swear by it.
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump! My first didn't do too much damage, but she came out 6 weeks early at less than 4lbs. My second came out on her due date at nearly 8. BIG DIFFERENCE. I'm convinced my poor belly button will never be the same.
  • tweetymom8
    tweetymom8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some people get stretch marks and some people do not. Not much you can do about it, except maybe not get ridiculous about excessive weight gain in pregnancy. I gained about 35 pounds with most of my pregnancies. Got terrible stretch marks in the very last 3 weeks of the first one, so I had a horrible tummy for 26 years until I got a tummy tuck last year. No amount of exercise was going to make that mess look better. Some people can repair their tummy without surgery, and some people can not. I highly recommend Tupler Technique. It helped a lot with the size of my tummy. It pulled the core back together somewhat, but that only made the skin more wrinkled and saggy. The video explains how to tell if you have a separation, and the whole kit is designed to help guide you in how to fix it if you do. Do not have surgery until you have tried it. Do not have surgery until you are done having kids. Until then, maintain a healthy weight and keep fit. Ignore your tummy's appearance just enjoy your body and the season you are in.
  • helengohlke
    helengohlke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/helenhere1/005_zpseb272558.jpg

Since I cannot seem to get a decent photo up, here is the link.

(10 weeks after giving birth)

Oh, I HATE stretch marks, but what can you do? There they are...:D
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Hi!

I had 3 kids in 3 years. Gained 50lbs (and a ton of stretchmarks) with my first and didn't really lose any of the baby weight after and went on to have two more kiddos. I settled around 160-170 after each pregnancy (my pre-kid weight was around 125-130). Needless to say my stomach was rough looking. I also had a pretty big gap between my ab muscles too.

This is from my highest post kid weight, 170.

8381315531_6b52c923e3_n.jpg

And this is a couple weeks ago at 138. About 4 months after really starting this journey to get back in shape, and 7 months post baby #3

8382384482_0d23d93c9a_n.jpg

(Sorry if the pics don't work, on my phone!)
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ladies... bio oil is great for stretch marks, it minimizes like crazy. i swear by it.

Might work for some, which is awesome. But from the day I found out I was preggo until about 6 months, I slathered bio oil on religiously twice a day (at which point I switched to other stuff, including but not limited to Musela, Maderma, almond oil, cocoa butter, etc) I started getting stretch marks around 4 months along, and my stomach now (even 5 months later) looks like a bright red road map of a major metropolitan city. It's insane. And a lot of people say it's genetic... but my mom didn't get the first stretch mark in either of her 2 pregnancies. So either I am REALLY REALLY unlucky, or I'm just blessed with horribly "unelasticy" skin. I also have stretch marks on my hips, the inside of my thighs, and other unmentionable places :-/

Honestly, I'm not terribly concerned about the stretchmarks... I know they will fade. It's the droopy tummy apron of fat and the wrinkly skin I'm worried about the most. I don't want to lose weight just for there to be a baggy flap of skin hanging over my pants. YUCK! But I also would like to avoid surgery.

I did gain a lot of weight with my pregnancy... but a very large percentage of it was water weight due to pre-eclampsia (I gained 65 pounds overall and 2 weeks after I had my baby I had lost 55 pounds). I had so much swelling due to water retention that the bottom of my stomach was just a pouch of hard fat, and the skin there was thick and tough like a thick orange peel... and my pores in the bottom of my stomach were HUGE... like it looked like someone poked me with a toothpick over and over. Gross, I know... anywho, my tummy suffered the brunt of my ginormous swollen pregnancy and I hope it can recover :)
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BTW, thanks for the pics ladies. You all look great. I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to get there. Good job!
  • sopheeclare
    sopheeclare Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay, my first time adding photos so i hope this works okay. My daughter is 2 now, but i only started trying to get fit at the beginning of January..

This is a few days before giving birth..
    Image0672.jpg

3 days after birth..
    Image177.jpg

And today, 22 days into the 30 day shred..
    423995_10151416610196963_1478945172_n.jpg

Best of luck with your journey x x
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This was my final pregnancy....I was 36 weeks with twins, was the night before my c-section. I weighed 225lbs...
    l.jpg

Three years later...this was taken in Oct. 2012
    iphonepics091.jpg

I have had three pregnancies total. My first one I gained 50lbs with, the second I did the recommended 30lbs and my last one I gained 75lb!! I'm so glad the hubby got fixed b/c pregnancy didn't agree with me haha. Good luck!
  • Kaynate
    Options
    Someone mention their abs overstretched and are not back together . Its called diastasis recti and regular ab exercises can make it worse. Resulting in looking good except for that pooch that just wont go away. Here's how to check yourslef. http://fit2b.us/2011/02/28/how-to-check-yourself-for-diastasis-recti/
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!