Cayenne Pepper & HELP!! :)

Options
I heard that Cayenne Pepper is a good spice to use as a fat melter people have told me to sprinkle it on everything including my water but I cannot tolerate it. It upsets my stomach does anyone know of another spice or vitamin I can take to help melt belly fat I am happy with my weight but have had two kids and am looking to lose the extra weight around my mid section. I have been doing Jillian Micheals 30 day Shred I am on day 15 and have noticed more inches lost in places that I do not care to lose the inches I am sticking to my 1200 a day calories and am always under my calories and work out everyday cardio and the video HELP!

Replies

• maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are saying that you are unhappy with where some of the "fat" is melting. I'm sorry to tell you but you can't control where you lose the fat. Your body is in charge of that. It is very common to lose it in the places that you'd prefer not to.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it if you don't like it.

Cayanne pepper and those other pills on the market will not "melt fat". There are a lot of stupid myths out there when it comes to weight loss and health.

If you are happy with your weight but don't like how your body looks up your calories to maintance or even slightly above and lift heavy weights. 30DS, while it has weights in it, is a cardio routine. If you are happy with your weight but not how your body looks you need to build muscle. Increase your calories, lift heavy weights, and increase your protein.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Capcasin in hot peppers of all types is a short term stimulant that increases the metabolism for a short time and is in Cayenne and numerous other peppers and their seeds. Other herbs and spices are also good for this same reason and/or provide other benefits for health. Chives, cilantro, curry, dill, garlic, ginger, marjoram, mint, onion, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme are all known for various health beneficial qualities...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are saying that you are unhappy with where some of the "fat" is melting. I'm sorry to tell you but you can't control where you lose the fat. Your body is in charge of that. It is very common to lose it in the places that you'd prefer not to.
    Very true... You can NOT spot reduce... Exercises focused on the loose area may help to build underlying muscle and over all fat loss will eventually allow the area to firm up. Good luck short of liposuction... or lots of hard work.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Add me first for some support..........

NOW you wanna melt some fat. Get off your a55, GET TO THE GYM, workout till you are drenched, then go another 10 minutes! THat is how fat melts!

Seriously if you want to melt fat, put exercise into your plan. No magic pill, home remedy, magic wand, or fat pills. Hard work and discipline.

GETMOVINGNOW!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Slightly unrelated.... But I make 'copy cat Wendy's spicy chicken with cayenne pepper.. It was amazing!!

Ya, so.. Ummm.. Not sure about cayenne pepper for fat reduction. It is good in some food, though!
  • muggins82
    muggins82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As posted in my topic I do workout EVERYDAY!! and I sweat like a PIG! and I am losing inches big time just not as much in the area I would like. but thanks anyway
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    As posted in my topic I do workout EVERYDAY!! and I sweat like a PIG! and I am losing inches big time just not as much in the area I would like. but thanks anyway

You can't choose where you want the weight and inch loss to come from. It's impossible. No food will make fat melt away from certain areas of the body either. Your body chooses where to take the fat away from and usually as women the belly is the last place to lose from.

Eat more, and focus on strength training. Heavy weights will change your body much more than cardio will. Building the muscles in your belly area can help pull it in and make it seem a lot smaller.

There has been a lot of good advice here. You can't spot reduce. If you want to lose inches in your belly area you will have to deal with losing them all over the rest of your body as well.