NEED HELP

Options
HI everyone!

I've heard great things about tis website so here I am. My name is Paula, I live in NJ and I'm 31. I've been on the heavier side my whole life. I'm not one that needs to be a certain weight, I really just want my clothes to fit. I had weight loss sugery 5 years ago and had really great results. Of course I let it slip away. I'm definatly an emotional eater. I can't seem to find it in mself to stick to a diet. I end up feeling like a big giant looser. It hurts to even type this. I recently met a great guy who looks past all of this. I ended up getting pregnant, with twins. So Something within me kicked in and I started eating really well. I can eat well, its the whole exersize thing. So I gain about 20 pounds in my first trimester as my doctor tells me to. On week 12 I have a miscarrage. It was a tough storm to ge through but I did. My boyfriend and friends held my hand all the way through. Eventually we want to try again, but I HAVE to loose weight. I have "baby weight" and no baby. This entry gives off the impression that I'm some debbie downer, I am the opposite. I have my life in order but this. How does everyone say focused? I need diet friends. I with everyone luck and success.

Paula

Replies

• livingnlove
    livingnlove Posts: 49
    Options
    Blessings to you on your journey!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    first, lemme say, as a miscarriage survivor myself, how very sorry that i am for your loss. Second, welcome to MFP!!! this is a fantastic site and everyone here is highly motivating!!! Feel free to add me. :) Ill be your diet friend!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    First of all I am so sorry to hear you have been through all of this!!!
    I have battled my weight for many years and the best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Don't worry about yesterday and don't worry about the whole big picture of the future. Just focus on today. Try your best to be successful today.
    Exercise is important and if you can find a form of exercise you love all the better. I try to exercise everyday and some days it is just a walk where I can focus and think about all the things I am grateful for.
    I think you will do great....have a little faith in yourself, set your goals small and take it one day at a time.
    My best to you!!!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks and I dont mean the cheeks I sit on :bigsmile: Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam :flowerforyou:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP :D
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula,
    Welcome! An important part of success is support which it sounds like you have alot of and you'll find tons of it here at MFP as well. We may all have gotten here by different means but are all here for the same reason. :wink: To make our life styles healthy for the rest of our lives. As some have shared, logging your foods, staying accountable on here can help alot, to come here for motivation and motivating others can do wonders for your own life!

Realizing it's small steps at first toward your goals, if taking a short walk in the beautiful weather so be it. As you begin excercising in small ways it's amazing how our bodies begin to crave more. Adding in more veggies and fruits in season does something to our body, same as excercise it begins to crave healthier foods.

You've come along ways posting, sharing and asking for help, we're here for you as you begin and continue your journey!:drinker:

ah and drinking that water is also very important!!:wink::drinker:

Becca:heart:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I can totally relate, and then some! Six years ago, after a miscarriage, I became pregnant with twins. At 24 weeks, I gave birth prematurely, one of my girls was stillborn, my other girl was in the NICU unit weighing at 1 lb. We lost her after 2 days, her lungs were not strong enough. I had put on a lot of weight and fell into a deep depression. The world was telling me the pain will pass, but it is still here, deep w/in my soul. Now, I'm blessed with my 4 year old son, who is also my inspiration. He takes my pain away, he's truly my angel! I still have not lost ANY of the weight from both of my pregnancies and I am the heaviest ever in my life. I recently re-joined MFP to rediscover myself and to hold myself accountable. Like you, the rest of my life is in order, except this, this is the only mountain I have to climb.

I wish you the best of luck! A friend invite is coming your way.

You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • jhebert87
    jhebert87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This site is amazing, the people that you meet on here really help you stay motivated and pretty much everyone is trying to get to their "comfortable" state and the best part is it's free! Hope you enjoy it and do well! :smile:
  • Bobbiejo7500
    Options
    Hi Paula,

I am glad you have found this site. I know that losing weight is not just a physical challenge, but mental as well. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. It's nice to know we are not alone in our struggles, and it's also nice to have people to celebrate our victories. Just remeber we are all here cheering for you, and we are also here to listen if you have a problem. We have all been there and can relate on some level. I hope that by making this descion to take good care of yourself you can over come some of your heart ache. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and helping you celebrate all the good things to come for you.

Bobbie

P.S. Feel free to send me a friend request:happy:
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome Paula, know that you can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthen us..... Would love to be your friend and help you throughout your journey.:flowerforyou: