First day today

Options
buon giorno!
I just joined today. My long-term goal is to lose 130 lbs. My short-term goal is to get as close to 200 lbs before I go to Rome, Italy. No date set yet but probably September. If I can get to 199 I'll be ecstatic. I'll be 50 this year (in September... imagine celebrating my birthday in Rome!). I'm single and live alone so cooking and eating healthy has always been a struggle.

Replies

• Alma237
    Alma237 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome :)
    Good luck and I hope that you will achieve your goals.
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your weight loss goals. Lots of good people here to keep you motivated. You will love Rome. I have been there before and want to go back soon.
  • Izzerial
    Options
    Wow if your trip to Rome isn't motivating, I'm at my wits' end! ;) You'll do it and have a great time there, just keep going! Good luck.
  • nondomesticgoddess
    nondomesticgoddess Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for taking this first step! An active vacation to such a beautiful locale is a great motivator. Utilize the food diary on here and make it viewable to your friends. I'm your age, have been using this site for a month, and am 15 pounds into a 70+ lbs loss goal. Feel free to peruse my profile and diary and send me a friend request if you'd like some support:) Good luck to you!
  • kirstinheard
    kirstinheard Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'd love to go to Italy! Great Job. Stay encouraged You can do it!!:smile:
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Italy is lovely. Be sure to check out Florence if you have the chance. I love it there!

Good luck with meeting your goal. It's not an easy journey, but it is totally worth the trip. I'm single as well and actually find it a lot easier to eat healthier than when I lived with someone. No one brings junk food home and I can fill the fridge with all my fave healthy foods and not worry anyone will eat it before I can.

And if you start struggling, you can read my silly post. People have said they found this useful -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like

Good luck!!