Fresh Cardio Ideas?

Options
I am primarily focusing on cardio help me drop weight. The only problem is that I get so bored on the treadmill and elliptical after a while! I also take Spinning classes but can only make it twice a week. Any suggestions for cardio workouts (45min-60min) to help breakup my routine? Thanks :happy:

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    How about a couple of Zumba dvds for the home? OR go to a Zumba class once a week. DO some gardening, housework, go outside a jog/run vs the treadmill. Find a group of people to work out with and get off the machines and get in a circle and throw weighted (medicine) balls around. We do this last one at my gym 3xs a week and man oh man its hard and your cardio is running high!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You could try a home dvd
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I circuit train outside in the parking lot when the weather is nice, as well as use a resistance chute while doing sprints.

I do:

Sprints
    Jumps (on the base of a light post)
    Suicides (using the lines of the parking lot)
    Back Pedals
    Shuffles
    Resisted Sprints
    Ladders

Usually pretty wore out by the end.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    swimming....it's fun...and you can pretend you are on vacation while you are doing it!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ive had the same issues.. Ive moved to something new everyday. Today I swam, last night I took a spin class. The classes seem to be great for keeping it fresh.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    zumba is great or try some boxing/kickboxing
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    jump roping http://punkrope.com/
    ice skating
    roller skating
    hula hooping
    trail running
    off road biking
    swimming
    dancing

Start strength training you'll lose fat faster.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Try a full-body functional core circuit workout, that will get your heart rate up and give you a great cardio workout!

See here: http://www.paulplakas.com/bodcast-episode-7/
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you're getting bored with plain old running, try joggling - juggling while jogging. Great for your hand-eye coordination, and if you use slightly heavier balls/clubs, it will help tone your arms, too! I've not tried it on a treadmill, but it should be easier that way than when you're moving forward.