I lost weight but...

Options
It caused something unexpected that I'm not sure how I feel about it!

For instance, with my weight loss my fingers and face and everything have shrunk and although it's a great thing, my fingers don't fit in my bowling equipment like they used too, it seems as if getting skinny had made me change my whole ball layouts, approach, and release to the point it has really screwed my game up.

Few pins off my average to look and feel better, it's a double edged sword!

Has anyone else experienced something similar where losing weight has altered something you are so used to that you have to teach yourself to do it all over again or do something in order to make up for the change?

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has taken my precious double Ds! And now I have no clue what I size I am :-( I've had to get used to not filling my bras and being less boobilicous :-(((
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wish I had sometihng like that to complain about...because of weight loss!
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Weight loss has taken my precious double Ds! And now I have no clue what I size I am :-( I've had to get used to not filling my bras and being less boobilicous :-(((

I can relate to this. I have not lost the weight yet but I know gaining made me go from a DD to an E.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You can get those holes resized. A few more years of healthy life is worth relearning your game, right?

Enjoy your NSV; I'm sure those who bowl with you think you look great!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options

I fear that! My husband is a boob-man. I am really scared that he will find me unattractive if I end up with deflated sacks hanging where his favorite boobs used to be! >.<
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

For instance, with my weight loss my fingers and face and everything have shrunk and although it's a great thing, my fingers don't fit in my bowling equipment like they used too, it seems as if getting skinny had made me change my whole ball layouts, approach, and release to the point it has really screwed my game up.

Has anyone else experienced something similar where losing weight has altered something you are so used to that you have to teach yourself to do it all over again or do something in order to make up for the change?

Losing weight has actually, completely ****ed up my golf swing.
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 pounds but my fingers to have gotten smaller, my dad made me a silver ring for my birthday last year while I was losing weight and it fell off somewhere and I have no idea...

Well I have a slight idea--- in which case its gone :(
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options

Losing weight has actually, completely ****ed up my golf swing.

I was gonna ***** about that too but I figured the bowling would be enough to get my point across lol I've been so used to "chicken winging" my back swing to get around all the extra fluff that now that it's gone, I'm all over the place, I feel you.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I went from a full D cup to a Full B cup. :( Just get a good push up bra girl!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I fear that! My husband is a boob-man. I am really scared that he will find me unattractive if I end up with deflated sacks hanging where his favorite boobs used to be! >.<

WHOA! I didnt say anything about them being deflated sacks! lol
  • Gailbike
    Options
    Yes this can happen. You will change the centre of gravity and you will have to adjust. You probably last lost some muscle along with fat and this will definitely affect your centre of gravity along with your balance. Over time your body will adjust. all for the good! :smile:
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options

Weight loss can HAVE my DDs!! I'd like to look down and see my feet without bending forward!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

My heart bleeds for you, talk about first world problems. :laugh:
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!
  • jewelgm26
    Options
    I am not at that point to worry still have a long weigh...lol to go.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options

lol :( I wasn't trying for pity, just figured it would be fun to see the other side of losing a few pounds :)
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Unlike everyone else I can relate. I bowl 2 leagues and I am in the State tournament coming up and my balls don't fit my hands well either. It costs about $45 per ball to have them redrilled here and I don't want to do that yet. I am just taping up the holes and dealing with it until I reach my goal weight. Good luck with your game!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My grandfathers ring that i have worn for the last 21 years is almost too lose to wear. I'm afraid i am going to lose it. My wedding ring is also getting too small, and there has been a few times it has almost fallen off. Thankfully my 10 yr anniversery is coming up and the man is getting me the anniversery band I have always wanted. I just need to go get my finger measured. However I still have 35ish lbs to go, so I worry that will get loose also by the time I am done.
    The weird thing about my grandfathers ring is that when i got it at 15, I weighed much less then i do now, but it fit fine, just a bit loose.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was gonna ***** about that too but I figured the bowling would be enough to get my point across lol I've been so used to "chicken winging" my back swing to get around all the extra fluff that now that it's gone, I'm all over the place, I feel you.

Give it time to re-learn your swing and it will greatly improve your golf game in the end. Mine went terrible because of gaining weight and trying to compensate to get the same torque/turn/club depth that i had when i was a lot skinnier.

Add hockey to the mix of impacts. My goalie gear fits completely different now and it's taking a ton of trial and error to get it re-adjusted. I also don't take up as much of the net because of me being smaller. It changes the angles pucks deflect off me, etc. It's not going poorly but it definitely is different.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I found I went down two sizes in shoes! I already had long narrow feet as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!