how many of you get your 8 cups of water in consistently?

Options
Just wondering. : ) Do you have any tricks/routines you do for it?

I usually drink one 20oz bottle in the morning, one during lunch, and then sip two more during the rest of the day. This also helps me remember when to make food so I don't get super hungry and eat a quick fix- after my morning water bottle is empty, it's probably time for lunch, and after my afternoon/evening water is done it's time for a small evening snack!

My trick is I refill my bottle immediately after finishing it, so hours don't go by without me drinking. I always have water on hand.

Replies

• reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I always have either a 32oz bottle or a 20oz one and I make sure I have to drink 2 before lunch and at least 1 or 3 more after!
    I usually get about 12cups in :))
    the bathroom is my best friend!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. I drink so much water, I should bleed water.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I drink water like it's going out of style. No real trick. I workout in the morning, so I tend to get almost 40 oz in just during that time, and I just always have a water bottle with me - makes it easy.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I spit a mouthful in the air like Triple H.
  • JAT63
    JAT63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do and if you add Mio or something similar it makes it easier to drink.
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz cup that I make sure that I drink at least two and hope to get 3-4 a day. I have no trick to it, just the big cup.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i use a straw.....it makes it easier...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    And then some...I get about twice that, even more on lifting days.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    There is no magic number of cups or ounces you have to drink per day. Stay hydrated (per the color of your pee) and that's it. The amount of water you need to stay hydrated will depend on the person, the weather, your activity level that day, etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857659-the-definitive-how-much-water-do-i-really-need-thread?hl=definitive+water#posts-12889951
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    12-15 cups here
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I do! I really like ice cold water, and since I can't seem to keep it cold I usually drink my water with crystal light iced tea. Then, I consume two big bottles of water at work, and then however much I can when I'm working out. Sometimes, I struggle on weekends, but I've really been making it a focus and doing fine.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I drink 1.5 gal/day
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Im getting better at it. I am not consistent enough yet. I am hoping I learn to love the fact that it has no flavor. I have to say that this week I started drinking water instead of tea and have been meeting or exceeding the 8 glasses a day. :)
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I bought a 1-liter bottle at Target a few years ago and that puppy goes everywhere will me. I do two liters a day which approximates 8 cups. I live in Missouri where we have really good water so it's not a problem for me.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I do not track my water intake. I just check the color of my pee every so often.
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get anywhere from 8-15 glasses a day. When I started out over three years ago (first time) I hated water and wouldn't touch it. I came to the forums asking for help and here are some of the tips that I got.

Drink 8 oz every time you go to the restroom. That isnt much if you think about it and the more times you go, the more water you will drink.

Drink 8 oz before each meal. Two benfits to this one since you get more water and you don't eat as much in a setting.

Have a bottle of water by you at all times and just take lots of little sips every few minutes.

After a few weeks I was up to drinking 20-25 glasses a day and didn't even know it. I had to cut back because I was getting sick. Anyway, now it really is pretty easy to get my water in. So I hope these help!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I do. I keep a full glass on my desk throughout the day, and I also drink herbal no caffeine tea all day(without sugar), which I count toward my water intake. I get easily over 100 ounces a day.
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I grab a cup of coffee in the morning, I fill a glass with water and, before I can get another cup of coffee, I have to drink the water. Somehow, this has made me drink so much more water even after lunch when I cut out the coffee :drinker:
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    every time i turn around i have a full cup of water, everytime i wanna eat or snack, i down a big cup. makes you feel fuller and less hungry. and another thing to make it easier is buy bottles, or refill bottles., i find when bottles r in the house its so much easier and fast.
  • bluzmama1229
    Options
    I've been doing better with that than I thought I would. I hate water...but I keep a cup of it on the counter so that I walk by and pick it up for a few gulps as I walk by. My problem is that I have to get up so often to use the bathroom at night. :ohwell: