when do you weigh yourself?

Options
i try to make it a point to weigh myself at the end of each month. saves the disappointment if you dont lose one week.
just curious what your approach is

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee. I don't expect to see any massive shift, I just find it interesting to see how my body behaves on a daily basis.
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    ^ Bumping this for that interesting answer haha
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up and have that morning pee :wink: and every night. But I record my weigh in's every Monday morning. A lot of people would say that is too much but it is just me. It is to keep myself on track, I guess you can say. But everyone is different. :smile:
  • cmreynolds98
    cmreynolds98 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Monday morning and every Friday morning after using the restroom. I record those numbers on here.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it in every wk, I also had to start weighing in before and after cardio as I was curious how my hydration status was and was shocked to see that I do need extra water to replace what I lose with exercise.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think its beneficial to measure yourself once a month too, along with maybe progress photos every couple of month.

Weighing yourself may be deceiving where as the tape and camera don't lie!

x
  • Jenat12
    Options
    I weigh myself Friday mornings. That way I've had time to recover from my cheat day the previous weekend and bust my *kitten* with clean eating and exercise for 4 days straight. =)
  • sarahpalmer84
    sarahpalmer84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    every morning after I pee and either pump or beastfeed the baby!
  • Snowbunny95
    Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee. Record it every morning. That way if there is a huge flux either up or down I can refer back to my diary to see what may have happened.

The scale is there...might as well step on it :)
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Monday mornings before I hit the shower.
  • RainClowd
    Options
    Every morning. Such a bad habit which im trying to break!
  • corridor7f
    Options
    I try not to, unless I've been significantly inactive for a while.. it helps motivate me to lose the "extra" and get back on track. Right now I'm about maintaining, not losing (or gaining!).
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings..1st thing :)
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wednesday mornings before I jump in the shower...I call it "Weigh in Wednesday"! I also measure at the end of each month.
  • kaitlynelkins9
    kaitlynelkins9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every Friday. But more importantly, I measure my body fat percentage with skin calipers once a week, every Friday, as well. You don't see much change on a weekly basis, but it does yield more useful information than just your weight. The only reason I actually bother to record my weight is to ensure that my lean body mass isn't decreasing, or if I'm trying to gain, to confirm that it's increasing. Other than that, I care not.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, to add to what everyone else has thrown in: though I weigh myself daily, I only take progress pics, tape measure, and caliper check once per month.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes more than once a day and if I do that there are usually differences throughout the day so I usually go by what I weigh first thing in the morning.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    I weigh myself Friday mornings. That way I've had time to recover from my cheat day the previous weekend and bust my *kitten* with clean eating and exercise for 4 days straight. =)

Hahaha I do the same thing! Mondays are definitely not my thinnest days. ;-)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee. I don't expect to see any massive shift, I just find it interesting to see how my body behaves on a daily basis.

^^ This and at night before bed just as a curiosity about what I lose overnight. Before and after a run to see how much hydration I lost.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have the worst weighing habits :-/ I just weigh whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's once a month, sometimes twice a week.