Looking for new friends/workout buddies

Options
Hey everyone..I'm Melissa I'm 21, I've been using mfp on and off for quite some time but just started using it on a daily basis a few weeks ago. I've seen great results so far but I could always use more friends for motivation! The nutrition aspect has been a lot easier for me than the working out. I love to bike, run and hike but unfortunately I live in Maine and this time of year it's way to cold to do anything outdoors but walk to your car! The weather has definitely limited my means of exercise so I'm hoping for some friends who'd like to discuss exercise ideas and what not! Or just anyone who wants/needs someone to keep them motivated! I check in very regularly so add me if you'd like!

Replies

• Ginger1436
    Options
    Hi and welcome. There are some great workout videos that you can do in the comfort of your own home. You might want to check them out.
  • MidwestDale
    Options
    Hi Melissa.

I live in Nebraska where the winters are only 13 months long. :smile:

I ride my bike and walk approx. 8 month of the year. the remaining months I use my treadmill, do aerobics and strenght training.

I am 58 years old and in the best shape and health I have been in for years.

Right now I am trying to lose the 8 pounds I picked up since last summer. (that is a nasty habit I have, up and down 8 punds.)

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Dale
  • phxdeanna
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here too and looking for some support on staying motivated, too! I'm down in So. Texas, where it's too hot to exercise outside a lot of the time so I do go to the gym, but I work out and then get out of there.....I've got two girls - 5 and 7, so they're my priority a lot of the time, but I'm trying to put myself first too.
    Nice to meet you!
    Deanna
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    How's it going Melissa? I'm glad that your doing good and getting the results that you want. I have a few suggestions when it comes to working out. Since it is so cold where you are like me. I think you should buy fitness DVDs of your choice and try them out. Try YouTube videos. You could also try just making up your own little exercises that you can do throughout the day. Go to the gym if you prefer that. Either way anything you do should fit you. You'll do great!
  • cginex
    cginex Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    been here for about a year but need more "friends" and people who i can motivate and can help me me out too! hit me up
  • Izzerial
    Options
    Motivation is so important, hope you're gonna find what you're looking for. Good luck and keep on working.
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    Oops. Double post.
  • tjah32
    tjah32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, restricting my eating is generally no problem, but there are so many days when I just CAN'T seem to get myself to the gym, etc.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I'm on daily posting and working out inside, I have a real problem with the cold. I would hope to help motivate you to burn some calories! Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!