how many of you get your 8 cups of water in consistently?

Options

Replies

• flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz. cup at work and try to drink two of them before lunch. Don't always succeed. Seldom drink much water at home, especially since it has gotten cold outside.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have two one liter bottles that I fill daily and drink while at work... I typically have two glasses before work... One with vitamins, one with breakfast. I typically have two cups after my afternoon workout. Then another two in the evening, one at dinner and one with dessert. I finish off my day with another glass of water before bed. I usually post 16 cups because I don't even bother counting them all and I've had at least that many.
  • monarchangel86
    monarchangel86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just was calculating how many ounces I've been drinking and realized that I have been drinking between a gallon and a gallon and a half every day. I have a 32 oz cup that I use and drink out of straw to keep me from taking big gulps. I have also recently started putting a green tea bag in it just to give it some flavor (no sweetener of any kind). It gets weaker as the day goes on but it keeps me interested in drinking.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I drink 80-120 oz. a day so yeah, I do.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I do and if you add Mio or something similar it makes it easier to drink.

I thought that said Milo....
    Just stay hydrated that is the key.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and Coke Zero. Yes, they contain water. Contrary to popular belief when they say 8-10 glasses of water, it doesn't mean just straight water, and that every other liquid doesn't count. If that were the case, I'd have died years ago, as I haven't consumed plain water since I was probably around ten years old.

That's true, but I hear a lot of straight up water is important for your health, in addition to other drinks. Is this true?
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 cups (my water bottle) in the morning during my workout, so before I even go anywhere I am half done!
    Then I fill my water bottle and make sure to AT LEAST drink the other 4 cups through out the day. I strive to fill it 3 times though (12 cups)

The best thing you can do is keep a water bottle with you...ALL THE TIME.

I have it on my side at home, school, work, church, etc. So I'll always go for it :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't like water when I first get up in the morning but I do have 24 oz before lunch, another 24 oz before dinner, and another 24 oz after dinner but before 9. Some days I'm up to a gallon, it really just depends on what I am doing during the day.
  • funpilot56
    Options
    between 8 and 10. always drink a full cup at a time. Don't sip it, just drink it. Takes 6 gulps for 1 cup for me so every time I drink either from a glass, bottle, or fountain, it's 6 gulps.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I tried doing the 8 glasses a day and I was in the bathroom every 20 minutes. It's quite disruptive to my sleep and my life in general. It's ridiculous. I obviously don't need that much water. Luckily, I learned that the 64 oz of recommended fluid does not have to come from just water. It can come from anything you drink and some of it even comes from the food you eat. If your urine is pale yellow, you are, quite likely, properly hydrated.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I get WAY MORE... usually double. I keep my waterbottle (24oz) full at work.

I have 1 before work, 1 in the morning (sometimes 2), 1/2 at the gym (or 3/4) and the other 1/2 for lunch, 1 more in the afternoon and 1 more I take with me on the trip home. Then whatever else I drink at night, usually 1 more so that's... 6x24 = 144oz / 8oz (1 cup) = 18 cups -ish a day. I usually log up to 12 cups because I don't realize how much I have at night time.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a liter bottle that I bring to work full, fill it up twice before I leave...have at least 1.5 down by lunch the rest before I leave for the day.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't really have to try anymore to get enough. I have large glasses that hold about 3 glasses of water worth and I don't drink soda much these days so I just sip it all day long, and refill it three, maybe four times a day.
  • weezbagy
    weezbagy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge green tea drinker. Before I eat breakfast, I'll have a big glass of hot water and lemon and then I'll usually have at least three or four extra large green teas while I'm at work. I rarely drink straight up cold water. Blergh!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I drink mine at room temp. It takes me forever to drink a glass or bottle of ice water, but at room temp I can just chug it down.

^^^^This is me! As I refill my 24 OZ cup from water filter I always tap it off with hot water spout from the Coffee maker. I get at least 8 glasses a day while at work.
  • swhennen85
    Options
    Truth time. Lately I've been trying to just get between 7-8 cups to a day. Like a couple others, I don't really drink much water at home unless I'm working out. I've also been trying to get in the habit of drinking water to hold me over in between meals, since I'm currently doing a 12-1400 calorie balance for food intake. When I get hungry between meals, I've been trying what others said and drinking water in between, and so far I have noticed that it does help a bit. It helps with getting extra water in your system. It's a win-win!
  • Maia58
    Maia58 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have three 24oz water bottles. I keep one with me at all times. I fill them with tap water and keep them in the fridge. When I finish one, I refill it then put it in to chill, while I grab a cold one. My husband calls my water bottle my "Binky" because I'm never without it. I drink atleast 4-5 of these bottles a day. My husband has a harder time getting his 8 a day, so I started using Crystal Light single serve packets for him. He likes his water with some flavor. I'll take mine straight!:smile: :
  • BadNamePicker
    BadNamePicker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I pack my lunch in the morning, I also pack one regular 16oz. water bottle and 3 17oz. Sparkling Ice waters (a bit pricey, I know - but they are SO good!). I also refill my water bottle at least once during the day and still drink a diet coke or two. That's just my 9-10 hour work day. I usually drink another bottle or two when I exercise and then 2 cups of hot tea at night. There is no way I'm ever getting dehydrated!!!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1 glass in the morning before i go to work

as soon as i get to work i fill up my water bottle and aim to drink 4 glasses at work throughout the day

1 glass when i get home

2 during the rest of the evening

works for me!! i do struggle over wkd's though. :smile:
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I do! I always have a 16 oz glass of water close by that I sip on whenever I look at it. As soon as it is empty, I refill. I can never understand how people don't like water and have such a hard time drinking even a little!!! It always tastes good to me.