how many of you get your 8 cups of water in consistently?

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I drink 20oz when I wake up, and then 20oz every 3-4 hours until I go to bed.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I average 12 per day. And I don't count any other liquid (which is usually either milk or OJ for breakfast) I consume towards my water goal.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I DO! I once heard someone say that you wouldn't leave your house without a shower. A big cup of water is a shower for your insides. WIth that in mind, I started drinking a 32 oz cup every morning while getting ready for work or church, etc. Much like coffee, I cannot function without my morning water. Then at lunch, I drink a glass of water, not measured. After lunch, I fill another 32 oz cup and drink all afternoon. I have to finish it before I go home. For dinner, I get my 32 oz cup back out. I drink it until it is gone, usually soon after dinner. I also drink another 20 - 30 oz when working out but I don't count that in my goal water because I am sweating it right back out. Every day, I get atleast 96 oz. Most days, more than that. If I miss a day, I almost have a hangover feeling the next day. :drinker:
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do and if you add Mio or something similar it makes it easier to drink.

I fill three 24 oz bottles with water and take them to work with me. I usually drink those at work and sometimes end up drinking another one with dinner or just because. I, too sometimes add mio for a little flavor from time to time...but I get it in and that's what's important.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have a 2ltr bottle I routinely fill up at work and leave on my desk every day. I know that I have to drink at least that amount before I go home. This week I stuffed it full of lemons and limes for a different taste.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I drink mine at room temp. It takes me forever to drink a glass or bottle of ice water, but at room temp I can just chug it down.

^^^^This is me! As I refill my 24 OZ cup from water filter I always tap it off with hot water spout from the Coffee maker. I get at least 8 glasses a day while at work.

^^^^This is me, too! LOL!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have my water bottle that is 24oz. I also just got a Chargers cup while we were in San Diego. That holds 32oz. I've drank one of each today and it's not even one yet.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    <raises hand>

I used to hate water, I just forced myself to do it, now im addicted, and feel something´s missing when I dont drink any.
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    Me, :) I drink 10 sometimes
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever drink 8 cups (or more) is if it's hot outside or I worked out strenuously.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually get 10 or more cups in a day. :D
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that holds 8 cups and I also got two 20 fl oz water bottles that I use when I workout. So I get about 12 fl oz in a day.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lord yes, I drink at least 128 oz (16 cups) of water every day. I just have a 32 oz water bottle that I fill up 4 times per day. It needs to be super cold though, I hate warm water.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If I don't hit the 8 cups, I'll drink at least 6.
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Takes 6 gulps for 1 cup for me so every time I drink either from a glass, bottle, or fountain, it's 6 gulps.

I did this too, downside was I do this with ever beverage i drink. double downside, I get inebriated really quick now! :laugh:
  • holapaola7
    Options
    I buy the 1L water bottles every 2 -3 days and refill them constantly throughout the day. One bottle is equal to 4 cups of water. If you just drink 2, you have the "recommended" daily intake, but everyone should be drinking half of your weight in ounces daily. I drink about 4 of these a day.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I do!! I have a 32oz water bottle and I drink 3 of those while at work then about 2-3 more glasses when I am at home.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I have some rubber bands on my water bottle I move them up towards the top when I drink a bottle and then log them at the end of the day. The bands give me a visual and keep me accountable.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Getting the water for hydration is great. However, i think that we make too much out of that. I havent seen anyone turn in to a raisin yet!

However, i use water to help my from drinking other crap that i like... Diet Coke, Coffee, etc.

I keep a 32 oz water bottle on my desk at work. Goal: 1 inthe morning, 1 in the afternoon. Rarely finish either one BUT it helps me keep my coffee limited to 2 cups in the morning and no Diet Coke through out the day...
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I usually have my recommended servings in by lunchtime. I carry an 18oz Bobble filter bottle with me everywhere. I have tried the bigger water bottles but they aren't for me. With a smaller bottle I can kill it in just a few minutes, refill, repeat :). Also have 8oz hot decaf green tea in the evenings to relax with.