TMI for guys :) Ladies..question!

Options
So I've been on a diet/lifestyle change for just over a month and a half now. I go to the gym just about everyday and I am pretty disciplined with my diet. All that said, I haven't had my period. I usually have it around the middle of the month and I didn't get it at all in April. I remember in high school I stopped getting my period during the basketball season when I played on the team. I'm wondering if this is due to my regular exercise (lots of cardio!) Anyone else have this happen to them?

Replies

• mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I haven't had this happen as I am birth control but I know it is not unusual.

Being very active/athletic and adopting a new routine can make you miss/stop having a period. I'm sure eventually your body will get used tothe changes and you will start having periods again.
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    Yeah, I think this is kind of normal, but I'm not sure.. as long as you know for sure it's not pregnancy, then it's okay.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yes it's normal. your period schedule is easily altered by several variables ranging from, change in diet, change in activity level, weight loss, weight gain, stress.some women are really sensitive and even random things like weather can affect it. obviously make sure you are not pregnant, if it's still MIA after 2 months or so i would talk to a doc.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I dunno how women do it. If it were up to guys to spawn, civilization would be screwed. I can't stand a hang nail let alone what you go thru :)
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I dunno how women do it. If it were up to guys to spawn, civilization would be screwed. I can't stand a hang nail let alone what you go thru :)

It helps that we DON'T HAVE A CHOICE... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thank youuu!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It's happened to me once a long time ago when I started exercising every day. I did have one the next month. If you miss a second period, I'd see the doctor just to make sure everything is ok. You sure you're not pregnant?
  • costil83
    costil83 Posts: 25
    Options

- That is so awesome of you to say. :)