how do you track lunch when ordering out?

Options
We have a new place in our building that is great - build your own wrap, sandwich, or ricebowl - about a million vegetable options to add in and tons of different protein sources...

When you put about 8 vegetables in... and other stuff, how do you track it?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Estimate how much of each ingredient you took and log each item. If you don't make it yourself, you can only guess.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you watch them make it (like at subway), so you can see them doing it... I just have a hardtime estimating portions of the veggies (which I guess isn't going to cause a massive problem in the long run), just a bit painful to enter them all in!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If it's a chain, you should be able to find the NI online.

If not, make your best guess and add each item individually.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If it's a chain, you should be able to find the NI online.

If not, make your best guess and add each item individually.

It's a local place - this is the 2nd location they have. Don't have any nutrition information on line.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Another tip - if this is someplace you're going to be eating at often make it as a recipe. Then next time instead of adding 10 separate ingredients you can just add your recipe in. Or if you change it up a bit you can easily change just the few items in your recipe that you had different and then add it to your meal. Soooo much quicker and easier. I do this for the local salad bar place - one time of the pain of adding everything and then from then on easy peasy to add it.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    if I am going out to eat I always look online to see if I can find their menu to choose before I leave
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    if I am going out to eat I always look online to see if I can find their menu to choose before I leave

I do the same thing...I always look at the nutritional content of food before I arrive at the restaurant. Shocking how many calories most meals have...digusting actually
  • seventieslord
    seventieslord Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    do your best, and always assume there's more sugar, fat and calories in something than you would think. Overestimate when putting it in, just to be sure.