30 min on treadmill, good or bad?

Options
I am wondering if doing 30min on the treadmill 6-7 days a week at a pace of 3.5 or 4.0 is doing anything? I try and do the shred thing every other day. What can I do to loose more weight quiker? I want to also tone up for summer.

Replies

• Txgal82
    Txgal82 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you have an areobic step, or the room or even go to a park with some cement and do this:
    I do it at the park, and its excellent cardio
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-453540796508763916#
  • tiak26
    tiak26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am personally doing the P90X workout right now and I have to tell you it is working. I have been doing it for two weeks now and just working on eating more healthy as opposed to dieting, and I can already tell a difference. I have lost a little over 5 pounds, and my arms and legs are much tighter, as well as the little definition in my abs on the side. However, if this is not something you are interested in I can tell you that if you are going to do the treadmill, I would raise the incline to highest, and walk at a pace where you almost have to hold on to keep up, and doing that for about 30-40 min a day should also give you nice results. Since you are already in the gym lifting some weights to help tone will also burn more fat and tone at the same time, Good Luck
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I would love to try the p90x but money is super, super tight. My treadmill is in my liveing room it is a weslo candence g-40. it doesn't incline and since my ankle has been acting up 4.0 is 'hang on' speed for me. I am hopeing to get some weights to do with the 30day shred because so far I am haveing to use water bottles and canned goods as weights lol. Is there anywhere I can get the p90x for super, super cheap, I mean isn't it just dvd's?
  • tiak26
    tiak26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is in fact just dvd's I am sure if you look on amazon or ebay you can find someone selling it for a discounted price. Another to look out for is Insanity, also a good workout. The difference between the two is P90X incorporates weight lifting to tone, and or build muscle and Insanity is your own body weight and pure cardio! There is nothing wrong with substituting for weights. Use wat you have, it is better than doing nothing at all right. If there is anywhere near you with stairs, walking stairs also helps. If you have an injury you never want to over do it because it will only prolong the results if you have to take time off to heal. Just do what feels comfortable to you. But walking off the weight is a great place to start!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was doing the shred and got great results. I completed L1D10 but only completed L2D2, then my neck and shoulders became soo sore, the pain lasted for 2 weeks and I had to stop. I'm currently walking either on my lunch break outside or on my treadmill for apx 30-40min a day. I usually walk at 3.5 for one lap then jog at 5.0 for the next lap. I try to do this for 10 laps. My weight is coming off slowly. I also try my best to keep in my calorie allowance for the day.

All that said, I think any bit of exercise that you do is great! Do what feels good and what you enjoy. Every bit of exercise is a benefit no matter how long you do it for. I was just reading another post on MFP about Dancing. Dancing also burns a lot of calories, so turn on the music, close the curtains and dance away for a few songs!! Your doing great!

If you want, add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to get on the treadmill :wink: