excercise

Options
should i only be excercising as much as my home page is telling me to, and only burn as many calories as it states???? i had gotten down almost 4 lbs this month only to put 2 back on??? is it possible to excercise too much???

Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think the guidelines are for a minimum. If you are resistance training, your muscles will hold water while they are re-building. that may be your two pounds. You can workout too much but that would be an extreme case
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    should i only be excercising as much as my home page is telling me to, and only burn as many calories as it states???? i had gotten down almost 4 lbs this month only to put 2 back on??? is it possible to excercise too much???

What do you mean "as much as my home page is telling me to"? Do you mean the daily / weekly goals on the page where you enter exercise? Those are based on what you answereed when asked how much you planned to exercise as you set up your account. You can go above or below that if you want.

It is possible to exercise too much. Your body need rest and fuel as much as it needs exercise. Finding a good balance between rest, food and exercise is the key to healthy weight control.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    well the reason i ask is because i always burn a tonne more in calories every week, and i always go over my minutes....i will check my settings again
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    well the reason i ask is because i always burn a tonne more in calories every week, and i always go over my minutes....i will check my settings again

Exercise as much as you like, with the exception of over training and injuring yourself. There isn't a limit on minutes/cals burned that you should adhere to.