Anyone have advice on a good pill that curbs appetite??

Options
So I've been looking for a fat blocker/appetite suppressant. Anyone tried something that works? Any advice welcome! I read about green coffee ultra that is recommended by Dr Oz but I want real life comments from people that have tried different things.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Just fill up on water, protein, fiber and healthy fats. All those things keep you feeling full for longer. Those are great ways! Pills aren't the answer (my personal opinion) since I don't like putting things in my body that can be harmful. No matter how "natural" a pill may be it can be harmful. Natural doesn't always mean good for you.

Also, drink water when you are hungry. Our bodies can sometimes feel hunger when you are actually just thirsty. Feeling thirst means you are already dehydrated.

Also try to eat frequently if you are feeling hungry often. FIll meals with protein, healthy fats and fiber along with the water.

The only fat blocker that I know of it Alli however dietary fat doesn't mean body fat. Also with Alli and some other fat blockers on the market you can experience some embarassing side effects.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My sister watched Dr. Oz too and ran right out and got the green coffee bean extract. She claimed that it did give her more energy. Has been taking them since September 2012. Since then she has lost about 7 pounds and she is so frustrated because they did not help her lose weight at all.
    I don't want to discredit the green coffee bean extract because I am sure it probably does work for some but if you really want to lose weight, the best way is just to eat less and move more. It may take longer and it may be more difficult, but you really need to look at it as a life change and not a destination that you get to. Being fit is a life-long process which doesn't end when you lose all the weight - you have to be devoted to it the rest of your life. So why not do what you need to "naturally" instead of depending on any kind of pills for a quick fix which may not last or which may do you more harm than good.... good luck on your journey.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Just pretend the cup is a pill.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    exercise is a good one :smile:
  • supergirljen
    Options

This^
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    There's no "quick fix" pill unfortunately (or no one would be fat!).

I do sometimes drink green tea if I'm feeling a little hungry between meals. For me, it usually means I'm just bored so green tea makes me feel like I'm doing something and have put something in my stomach. I know green tea has shown some minor links to weight loss, but I think really any tea or coffee or water would suffice to put something in your stomach.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    If you eat whole, real food, you'll feel full. I'm only hungry when it's about time to eat again and don't eat out of boredom anymore (even a "fat blocking" pill won't help you there I'm afraid because you were never hungry in the first place)

Quite honestly, if you feel you're too hungry all the time, I'd start a journal and write down when you feel this way. Money says you aren't hungry at all, just bored.

Also, drink a big *kitten* cup of water and you won't be hungry anymore :)
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    coffee.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My advice is THERE IS NO SUCH PILL and if there was I'm sure we'd all be thin. Don't waste your money and definitely don't listen to Dr. Oz. I tried a couple the bandwagons he promoted and the only result I saw was less money in my pocket.

The best advice >>>> "Just fill up on water, protein, fiber and healthy fats. All those things keep you feeling full for longer. Those are great ways! "
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I don't normally recommend pills, but Thinberry Satiety does wonders for killing your appetite. I used it when I was switching from three meals a day plus snacks to only eating dinner to reduce my appetite during the day. I don't take it anymore because my body has adjusted to only eating once a day so it was ideal for my situation. What you have to consider before taking pills, is what you're going to do after you stop taking it. Your appetite will come right back.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who tried it about a year ago- it does not work.

The best advice I can give you is to eat right, and drink lots of water- especially while you're eating. Plan your day's meals in advance if you can. That way you can really see what you're eating and where your calories are going. Measure you food- no "guesstimates".
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1)water
    2)coffee
    3)exercise

These have all worked for me so far. I hate feeling hungry so I try not to!
  • sudowpa2
    Options
    I second water is your friend... learn to love it. It will be your best friend.
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I haven't really found a pill, sorry. And, filling up on water doesn't really do it for me (I still crave food, even if my belly is bloated). I am so not an expert of sating hunger/cravings, but what I have found is that I get way more cravings after I eat starches like white potatoes or sweets. Perhaps you should try and examine your diet, see if there are any foods that are triggering your hunger. And sometimes, if you're hungry, the best solution is to actually eat something. Just make sure you're paying attention to what you're eating and how much.
  • madi_lumpkins
    madi_lumpkins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    During the beginning of my weightloss journey I used ACE (appetite control and energy) hunger supressants. It was simply a kickstart to end my overeating. After three months, I began simply eating healthy and using this app. Many people i know have used ACE, in my opinion, it helped a bit but the natural way to supress hunger (eating right, water, and exercise) was much better.
  • timetoletgo
    timetoletgo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I say skip the pills. Oprah said sonething several years ago- she said that she aas really really rich, and if there was a pill ahe could take that would help her lise weight sge woukd be akinby and own the company! there just js no pill that does such a thing. Try intermittent fasting. I have been doing it- it's working for me. Google it. I only eat between the hours of noon and 8pm. Also make sure you are not eating to little. You would be surprised at how much you can eat and still lose weight. Good luck.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    reading, hobbies, etc.

Most of us eat b/c we are bored. If you're hungry, try a multi-vitamin and a few cups of water. If we get all of our nutrients, usually we are not hungry.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I take psyllium when I am trying to cut calories. Works like a charm. :smile:
  • raynavee
    Options

THIS!
    Or hot tea.
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    coffeeeee