Early days, but still see it as success

Options
sandradev1
sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
I started in October 2012 on the 'one size fits all' setting that MFP spits out of 1200 cals. I lost my 1 lb per week for exactly 3 weeks then everything stopped.

Having tried before to lose weight many times I was desperate to succeed this final time. I started to read the forums and read about In Place of A Road Map. I did the calculations and discovered by BMR and TDEE numbers and settled on TDEE - 20% for a loss of 1lb a week.

After 3 weeks of no weight loss, I started following the road map and eating at the higher calories and within a week I lost 1 lb and have lost 1 lb every week since.

I still have 18 lbs to go to goal weight, but looking at my avi photos, even I can see there is a big difference. If I had not found out about IPOARM and tried it out (scary as it was at the time), I would have given up by now and remained overweight, unhealthy and unhappy.

Thank you Dan for the time and commitment (for free) you have given to so many people on this site. In case you have not seen the link for the road map, here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I have also taken on board the excellent information given on the forums regarding the major benefits of heavy lifting for women and have this week started Stronglifts 5 x 5.

My only regret is that I did not find this site and all these wonderful members a lot sooner.

Replies

• StephCoff1969
    Options
    You are such a rockstar... I love you....:flowerforyou:
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I consider myself lucky to stumble upon IPOARM on my first night on MFP about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Even after day 1 I knew I could never live on 1200 calories. Dan and all the people have been so helpful and supportive. I came to MFP looking to lose 22 pounds the healthy way. I wanted to make a lifestyle change which I could follow for the rest of my life, not until I reached my goal weight. There is excellent information on the link. I now have more energy, feel happier and am excited to workout everyday. BTW the last time I had enough energy to work out everyday was over 20 years ago! I still have 20 pounds to go but I know I will get there, slowly but in a healthy & happy way. This weight didn't just come on over night so I don't expect it to come off that fast either. But the difference this time is that it will not come back on!

Thank you Dan for all your help and time you put into the forum. I appreciate all that you have done and am happy to have found you!
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Very excited to be on my way to successful weight loss as well!!!! :) well done!
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow---I've seen a bits of this the last two days---so interesting!!!I took a look late last night and it seemed very complicated---or maybe because I was tired!!!!

Any links to some very basic info??? Thank you!!!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Here is the link. I love not being hungry! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    Wow---I've seen a bits of this the last two days---so interesting!!!I took a look late last night and it seemed very complicated---or maybe because I was tired!!!!

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

The information does seem text heavy at first, but stick with it and it soon all becomes clear. There is also a group on the forums which will give you answers to some of the questions you may have. The link to the group is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandra - This will be a help to so many people!! I stumbled on that forum last month and am glad I did!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So nice of you to think to actually "thank" Dan! I often brag about how fabulous his advice was and how much it helped me, but never thought to thank him for his wonderful advice. Thanks for reminding me that I should be more appreciative of all of the awesome people on MFP. :smile:

And a long over-due: THANK YOU DAN!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!