q for scrapbookers

Options
staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
hi! i don't really scrapbook much but i'm making a mom's day gift that uses scrapbook paper.

i've cut out my children's handprints out of scrapbook paper. then i'm going to glue them onto a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper. and then frame (one of those inexpensive ones from michaels).

my q--what kind of glue/adhesive should i use to attach the handprints to the scrapbook paper so it won't be lumpy. any special tools i should use??

thanks in advance for helping me make this project look good!

Replies

• mhesterruns
    mhesterruns Posts: 49
    Options
    If you arent concerned with the whole issue of the glue deteriating the photo/ handprints I woudl use rubber cement. It would stick and if it got somewhere you didn't want it you can rub it off with clean hands without leaving a mark/stain. The other option is a glue stick or photo tabs which are double sided pieces of tape.

I would use rubber cement so that it would stick and not fall off in a year plus it is smooth. Be sure to put glue on each pf the pieces you are gluing together and wait a minute for it tot get sticky:)

Good luck
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    when i need to attach something without it becoming lumpy i use photo squares - just put enough on so that it will hold. i find that glue of any type puts wrinkles in my work. good luck!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did a lot of scrapbooking when my grandaughter was smaller. The best thing to use is any tape or glue that DOES NOT have acid in it. The acid will turn the paper or pictures yellow. Look in the scrapbook section of your store. There are different kinds of glue and also the double sided photo tabs. Just make sure it is acid free.

Good luck with your mothers day project.:smile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    scrapbooking photo squares will be the easiest and neatest way to go.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Use rubber cement. I work at Michaels and use rubber cement on a weekly basis for projects for my Interior Design classes (mostly presentation boards and such). Because the hands are paper rubber cement will be the best.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks so much!
    i thought about photo corners but since they are cut out handprints i didn't think they would work.

thank you all for sharing your expertise!