Replies

• Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Drink GREEN TEA. It is proven to pull toxins out and remove excess water.

Pull toxins out?

LOL
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    keep an eye on your salt intake, drink plenty of water and make sure you're getting enough iron. because of that bit*h Aunt Flo, us gals need twice as much iron as men

but my intial though when seeing this title was "good lord, someone get this woman a piece of chocolate...now!"
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nettle tea helps, but it's revolting. i normally just try and stay away from scales, tight clothes and annoying human beings until afterwards!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I tend to bloat during TOM because of increased carb intake (TOM = comfort food) I've tried to keep it at a steady level this month and not gained any this month, in fact today is day one and I'm actually down 0.6lb overnight. Can't help with the homicidal urges though :devil:
  • milachuckles
    Options
    Maca is awesome for balancing out hormores and helping reduce PMT. I can't recommend it enough. A few years ago a doctor accidentally prescribed for me to take progesterone after mis-reading a blood test. 6 months down the road I had a major meltdown with 24 hour long panic attacks, severe depression & generally I just wanted to die. This lasted about 6 months. Maca was a Godsend (along with other natural things like SAMe to get me back on track). I now take it for maintenance due to hormonal problems caused by a tubal ligation (girls....don't go there!). The moment I stop taking them, I'm all over the place again with severe PMT. Do some research.... it might be worth taking a look at for the PMT.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    The best natural thing I have found that works besides eating very clean is Yogi Moon Cycle Tea.

I have PMDD and between eating very clean and drinking this tea it is much easier when I have TOM.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSClQ75YDPdlJioDGiXi637ZET-QtKAQIzqAKklTSBzp9HW1CM3
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I take Mefenamic Acid (prescribed by the doc) for the 1st 3 days this reduces cramps and retention slightly but not much.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Tried drinking tons of water today. Backfired. It's even worse than before. Anyone tried any medical or homeophathic PMS treatments? At my wits end with dealing with this every month.

Why do people not want to believe in lifestyle medicine? Dietetics, nutrition and exercise science are legitimate scientific disciplines backed by reams of published research. Just drinking more water might help or it might worsen any mineral/ electrolyte imbalances. There is no quick fix for most it's consistent healthy living, not lying to yourself, avoiding faddy or restrictive dietary practices, not worsening diet fails with amateur supplement regimes..
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For me the only thing that helps against bloating, is drinking. I drink lots of green and herbal tea and a glass of wine in the evening to help me relax. I have noticed though, that the cramps have gone from somewhere halfway the "giving birth" scale to almost nonexistant since I've been working out with the heavier weights. Perhaps from my core getting stronger?
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    STRETCH PANTS
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have noticed though, that the cramps have gone from somewhere halfway the "giving birth" scale to almost nonexistant since I've been working out with the heavier weights. Perhaps from my core getting stronger?
    It can of course also be the case because of the endorphines released when exercising :wink:
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Tried drinking tons of water today. Backfired. It's even worse than before. Anyone tried any medical or homeophathic PMS treatments? At my wits end with dealing with this every month.

Why do people not want to believe in lifestyle medicine? Dietetics, nutrition and exercise science are legitimate scientific disciplines backed by reams of published research. Just drinking more water might help or it might worsen any mineral/ electrolyte imbalances. There is no quick fix for most it's consistent healthy living, not lying to yourself, avoiding faddy or restrictive dietary practices, not worsening diet fails with amateur supplement regimes..

Problem is, I already train hard 10 hrs per week, get sufficient rest, and eat an exceptional diet. Sometimes, you are living a healthy lifestyle, and your body just doesn't cooperate. You're making a lot of assumptions with your uppity attitude.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone. I'm going to try a few :)
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There are lots of insights and suggestion provided however as an advanced practice nurse, I would encourage a conversation with you ob/gyn or primary doctor (whoever manages your annual exam) as you may have PMDD-pms disorder that can be managed with medications. Low dose birth control or SSRI.
    Don't suffer every month
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There are lots of insights and suggestion provided however as an advanced practice nurse, I would encourage a conversation with you ob/gyn or primary doctor (whoever manages your annual exam) as you may have PMDD-pms disorder that can be managed with medications. Low dose birth control or SSRI.
    Don't suffer every month

It can be really hard to find someone who's knowledgeable with this condition. Most providers will look at you like you are crazy.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    uugh. I feel for any of you dealing with PMS right now.
    That's me at the moment. I checked the scale this morning, I'm up 4 pounds from last week! Totally makes sense because I've been feeling bloated for a couple days now. and my period hasn't even started yet... it's always like this a few days beforehand. :/

I'll look into that women tea someone mentioned above there somewhere!
  • sanaa4560
    Options
    hay guys i feel bloated all the time. that is why i cant eat. i am only having 500 to 600 calories a day coz i cant eat much coz of this bloatness huh .i feel bloated all the time cant even drink water huh plz anyone help :(
  • hon3yd0g
    hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i just think its one of those things every women go through.i just dont weigh my self during this time.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i just think its one of those things every women go through.i just dont weigh my self during this time.

same here. the only attention the scale will get from me is my middle finger:grumble: