Excercise instead of X-box? UGH

Options
Ok so I really want to jump start my weight loss but I don't like to exercise. My outlet is video games!! Any ideas on motivating me to put down the controller and pick up a jump rope?!

Replies

• ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Same problem! I tried playing Skyrim while on my exercise bike. HAHAHA!! Toooo uncomfortable and I'd find myself just sitting there so absorbed in my game that I don't even know when I stopped cycling. I just have to set a time limit for myself on the video games.
  • SmurfyGurl88
    Options
    Guess I better do the same! Lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Do both, at the same time, seriously. Want to play video games? Put on a weighted vest, and play standing up. It will kick your *kitten* every time. :)
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hvae you tried the Kinect games for XBOX? There are plenty of active games to try, from dance type to traditional fitness, and some that just get you moving around.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Get some of the fitness games for the kinect. I have Zumba Fitness Core and use it daily.
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Earn 30 minutes of video for 5 minutes of cardio.
    Try 5 minute hula hoop or 5 minutes jumping rope.
    At first I could not hula at all and could only do 1 - 2 jumps due to being uncoordinated.
    It still got my heart going.

One day you will look back and wonder why it was so hard to do a 5/30 minute ratio.