Running

Options
So one day I was just at home and I got all my running stuff ready: Nikes, shorts, tee, and a pony tail. I was about to leave and I got discouraged and watched tv. Then I looked outside and saw a beautiful day and on impulse I just ran. I went outside and ran. I went on a trail that usually takes me 30 minutes to complete. On this particular day, it took me only 10. Yes, 10 minutes. I jogged the entire thing. And since that day, I have been running that trail slowly taking off my time. :) I never could have done that without myfitnesspal. :)

Replies

• Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    that is awesome! I recently started running again myself, and its a challenge but I love it!
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You should be warned that this running thing can get addicting. Pretty soon you'll be looking for longer trails, then you might find yourself entering races then next thing you know you are a bonefide runner!

There are worse fates. Welcome to the club!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I woke up today not really that motivated to do my 60 minute weekend jog/walk but knowing that summer is quickly approaching here in Phoenix and my outside workout days are numbered, I went anyway and had a great workout! Jogged more than usual and felt so good afterwards.

It's an awesome feeling! And yes, so addicting!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I never regret working out. Especially when I don't want to and I make myself. I always feel so awesome afterwards! I'm glad you went for your run.