12 days in. 34M 41.9% body fat help 262 lbs

Options
I setup my MFP account last sunday and started eating right Monday. On last sunday I weighed in for the first time and lost 6lbs. I was curious today to see if I had lost anymore this week and showed no lose since last week. Im counting as I go and think Im doing everything right. I have walked 4 miles this week already and last week I think I walked 3 or 4 miles total. Any ideas on what would help me lose the weight?

Replies

• euphoriabuzz
    euphoriabuzz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Patience and perseverance. You have only just started so don't be disheartened by the fact that every week is not the same. I have just started too and am not expecting anything amazing to begin with, I am impressed you lost 6 lb already, well done you. Maybe you could try not walking further but walking the same distance faster perhaps! keep up the good work.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    thanks I actually walked further faster..lol and mix in a little jogging then slow down then back up to a jog anywhere from 2.9 mph up to 3.5 mph jogging. I just wondered if there was anything else I should be doing. I am picking up an exercise bike Saturday to add biking into the mix also.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Set a goal of 1 lb a week, and agree to be satisfied if not happy with that, and then just take any "bonus pounds" as lucky extras. And if you stabilize for a week, which you did, just take last month and average it out.

Have you been under your calorie goal every day for the last week?
  • jriehl08
    Options
    Im having a hard time getting to 1200 calories every day so as of late that has been my goal to get to 1200. Should I try to get closer to the 1600 calories a day ? This is were I need the help.
  • rmkeech1
    rmkeech1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was in much the same boat when started trying to lose weight several years ago. A couple years ago I lost about 80 pounds over the course of a year. Sometimes I'd lose a pound or two a week consistently and then go weeks with nothing. Then all of a sudden I'd drop 5 pounds in one week. The weeks when I'd lose nothing were so frustrating and disheartening and I just wanted to give up. But my clothes kept fitting better and I felt good! Then of course, one thing led to another and I fell off the wagon, stopped exercising regularly and stopped logging food. Gained back about 30 pounds. Started back up this past June and I've slowly lost 17 pounds since then. This time I joined a gym and I'm doing strength training along with cardio and eating sensibly using MFP. I personally try to be at least a couple hundred under my daily calorie goal but I don't go crazy under it, I think that's one of the mistakes I made the first time around.. I've got a small group of friends on here, a couple of them are really good support and that really helps. I'm hoping that the support network will get me through the rough spots and keep me going and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

Above all else know that YOU CAN DO IT if you put your mind to it.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    keep moving and stick to your calories. makes a big difference what time you weigh yourself too...i only weigh myself in the morning, every sunday. I gain about 5lbs by the end of day...so only mornings for me. stay off the scale as much as possible.
    good luck, you are doing great so far!
  • jriehl08
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will stay off the scale other then weigh in day sunday morning. I guess I always knew I was big but when I did the body fat calculator and seen the 41.9% I was in shock. I already feel better then I did the day I started and I have made up my mind this is a new life style that I have to embrace if I want to see my daughter grow up. So even on the bad weeks I will not give up.

Thanks again everyone.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Im having a hard time getting to 1200 calories every day so as of late that has been my goal to get to 1200. Should I try to get closer to the 1600 calories a day ? This is were I need the help.

Yes, I'd suggest 1800-2000 before exercise. You're not doing yourself any favors eating too little. If you do that, you'll lose a lot of muscle mass along with the fat and it will make it that much harder to lose later.