dont even know where to start!!

Hello all. I just signed up, because for years....my weight has been slowly increasing.....and now Im a 34 year oldwoman, who is 5 foot 3 and weighs 165 lbs. This is the heaviest I have been, and I hate the way I look in my clothes. Im not a very active person......and have wanted to make a change to get healthy and lose weight for quite some time. My problem is, I am clueless on how to start....and what will actually work.

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Sounds like you're in the right place. :)

One thing that's helped me is cutting out fast food and drinking more water.

Sounds basic, but it has worked.

Welcome. :D
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Walking is always a good start because it is something we do all the time. I posted about Walk at Home DVDs,or, if you own a game system, Zumba is marvelous...you can go as slow or as fast as you can handle. Good luck!! Feel free to friend me.:smile:
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    I failed to mention cutting certain foods from your diet...thanks to the other person who mentioned it. Drinking water is an excellent way to start dropping weight. Just go slow, find what works for you, and don't restrict yourself, ,or else you will crash and burn (I know from personal experience). I'm 5'2, and have gotten up to 161 lbs, so I know how you feel, trust me. My husband says he liked me the way I was, but it's about how WE feel about ourselves, and I keep telling him that. Again, good luck to you, and MFP is an awesome way to get some motivation, ideas, and support.:smile:
  • zumba is great i have it for the wii