What goes well with cottage cheese and is 50 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Any fresh fruit would go well and can be fairly low on the cals depending on which you use. Watermelon is great but you need to dry it out a bit first or you could do strawberries or even blueberries. Hope you figure something out :)
  • kenoragrrl
    Options
    Ok, I love the pineapple too, but since you don't like fruit have you tried chopping up some green onion and black pepper? It's simple and very tasty.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love it with natural applesauce and pineapple. (1/4 c.) To me it is almost as good as icecream. (I said ALMOST)
  • FarmerTed
    FarmerTed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and tuna fish. Might sound a little funky, but I think it's awesome!
  • vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly what you were looking for, but you may like it. I eat cottage cheese almost every day and I LOVE putting a generous amount of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic on mine. It really turns it in to something amazing. It also doesn't add any additional sodium content because the Mrs Dash seasonings are sodium free. I may try the Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle today on mine!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    grapes
    pineapple chunks
    semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 Tbs + 70 cal)
    strawberries
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    YOGURT OR ANY TYPE OF FRUIT!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    1/2 tablespoon peanut butter.

I do this and it's good.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump--never thought about salsa with cottage cheese, but just thinking about it is making my mouth water! Yum.

I prefer sliced pears, but I know you're going for savory. I personally like it plain with salt and pepper. The lettuce wrap idea is great too--you could sprinkle some chia seeds in there to boost nutritional content if you like!

Ooo, I also just thought of olives!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Small apple? or half a large apple?
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I chop tomatoes and cucumbers and add crumbled feta. Just a tablespoon adds flavor. Garlic salt and crushed pepper
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Peaches. I love cottage cheese and peaches.
  • Putzkuchen
    Options
    Do you know scandinavian bran crispbread? One slice has 12 calories but is very high in fibers so you won't be too hungry all day long ;) To be honest, eating them without topping is boring because their taste is okay but not overwhelming. But I like to eat them with cottage cheese and rosemary or cottage cheese and tomato slices !
  • fruitcake91
    fruitcake91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's nice on oatcakes
  • plussizedvegetarian
    Options
    Pico de gallo + Cottage Cheese is nice.
  • solbchgal
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with strawberries...yumm. I think I will have some now!
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like mine with mrs. dash and garlic powder. Not a fan of cottage cheese with fruit unfortunately, but this gives it an un-boring flavor. I usually eat an apple before it so I still get that sweet and then savory trade off.