Revelation this weekend

Options
We went tramping and climbing for a couple days recently, and of course walked into the hut and back with big packs full of gear. Naturally, it was much harder walking with a big heavy pack than it would've been if I hadn't carried anything.

The crazy thing?

I weighed that hefty pack on the scales when I got home and it clocked in at 11.5kgs (25 pounds). That's pretty much what I've lost this year, which means last year I was basically walking around ALL THE TIME with that pack on, except it was fat.

Made me feel like the amount I've lost so far is actually significant :)

Replies

• jenwillbthin
    Options
    Great job on the 25 lb loss. Its amazing when we can compare the difference that way. Keep it up.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I had a similar experience. Was lifting a 20 pound bag of charcole and thought, dang! this is heavy!! Then I realized I've lost 2 of these!!!! Really puts things into perspective doesn't?!!! Congrats on your loss!!!!!
  • missk1977
    missk1977 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was told at Weight Watchers once that when you lose 25lbs you should go pick up a 25lb turkey at the grocery store and carry it around to remind yourself of what you've lost.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think about that too. Especially when I pick up bags of cat food or cat litter containers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!