Running with The Burn

Options
I am a little sore from personal trainer yesterday, but really want to get a run in today. Since we worked on muscles I definitely don't usually use (even though I run regularly), would it be ok to run?

:smile:

Replies

• whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will probably even help with the soreness a bit.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I always run the day after a strength training day, muscles definitely feel better after the run. Also pilates is a nice workout to help stretch out and ease things up a bit :)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I always like to run the day after a good lifting day- the first mile is killer, but then as you go everything starts to feel much better, at least in my experience. Walk a quarter to a half mile to warm-up, then take the first mile nice and easy and you should be fine. Stretch really well afterward!
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks, all!!:bigsmile:
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is a great day for a long slow distance run!

Relax, enjoy the run and let your body dictate the pace. These runs are a good time work on running form and build muscle memory.

Add in extra water and stretching afterward and your legs may feel better then if you had skipped the run.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Update-had a nice slow (very slow! yeesh!) run, and my legs do indeed feel better. Thanks again for the good advice! :flowerforyou: