I am not a sexist, or a demeanor.

Options
I posted a thread earlier, titled "Girls With Muscles". it talked about my preferences. how I thought girls with some muscle tone are attractive.
thats when the raging posters flew in, pretty much insinuating that i am a sexist for thinking that muscles are only a male attribute, and pretty much saying i'm being demeaning to women. I dont understand that, honestly. I was just stating what I like, and I even said in the post "i even like girls who don't have muscles"..

Anyways, the point of THIS thread is to apologize to everyone for the misunderstanding and to let you all know that I posted the thread with good intentions.
Someone told me the Road to hell is paved with good intentions, and that's a good quote.
This isn't a thread complaining about being "attacked" or "belittled".. it's a genuine apology, from me, to all of you that I offended.

That's all. thank you.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    it is what it is, who cares what others think?
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    While that's true, i am a people pleaser. if I feel that i have upset or offended anyone, I will do my best to make things right. Even if I wasn't in the wrong.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I didn't take that message away from your original post at all. Happy day!:drinker:
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    Happy day to you too!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You'll need a tougher skin if you plan on sticking around here for awhile.

Those people were overreacting.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It was very nice the way you quickly apologized once you realized you may have offended some. People around here can be pretty sensitive and are quick to judge. Just brush it off.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Don't worry dude, I took it in the spirit with which it was intended... there are enough real d-bags in the world without worrying about your slightly misguided wording :)
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy day to you too!

THIS
  • 4summer38
    Options
    I saw your original post, and I didn't see anything wrong with what you said. I'm a female, I have little muscles, under fat though, working on that. :laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I wasn't offended, don't really understand why some people were, you weren't a 'sexist pig' in any way that I could see. Just keep doing what you're doing, there's always gonna be someone out there that has issues with ANYTHING. :D
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally. People like to fly off the handle if you give them any opportunity.

It's fun. :drinker:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I wasn't offended, don't really understand why some people were, you weren't a 'sexist pig' in any way that I could see. Just keep doing what you're doing, there's always gonna be someone out there that has issues with ANYTHING. :D

this exactly!! I even posted a personal pic for you :D
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the apology, even though there were good intentions, it comes off very wrong. You like women with or without muscles, so I didn't understand what you point was.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Trolls will be trolls, you are fine :)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anything offensive with your original post. People take things way too seriously. Don't even worry about it. You did nothing wrong. :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I thought that said dementor ,whoops.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    While that's true, i am a people pleaser. if I feel that i have upset or offended anyone, I will do my best to make things right. Even if I wasn't in the wrong.

You can please some of the people some of the time but, you can't please all of the people all of the time :-) besides there was nothing sexist or demeaning in the original post..... It's all good!!! :drinker: Cheers
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards. :flowerforyou:

It's like this all the time. You'll get used to it.

Or not.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the apology, even though there were good intentions, it comes off very wrong. You like women with or without muscles, so I didn't understand what you point was.

BINGO me two i don't get the haters gonna hate